Nicky

Taking my car!

I've got a 73 Manta which is my pride and joy and would like to take it with me when we go to Adelaide. I have had a quote of £800 to ship it out there. I believe it has to undergo a safety check but I am unsure how to go about this. Has anyone shipped a car and/or know what's involved?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon :elvis:

Thanks for that link. I'll have a look and see what's involved.

Really wouuld like to bring it though if poss!!

Simon

Guest alan smallman
    Hmm,nice car:jiggy:

You don't see them here.

It may be quite hard bringing it though as you will have to meet the Compliance tests here to use it on the road.

Worthwhile having a look here...............

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/bulletin/importing.aspx

Hi Nicky

Good question!! I have a Mercedes E300 estate which I use to cart my road bikes around in when I fancy a ride in the countryside (its a bit rusty mind). My wife has a SLK 230 (now that IS nice) which she would love to take but we think that we may flog that one as there's a few bob wrapped up in it and we could get what we paid for it, back. As for the E300, its only worth about £4000 but there aint many like it on UK roads (it's got all the tricks). Soooooo this is one i've been pondering too. I shall visit the site you were recommended. I'd be interested what u find out.

Alan

Pauline

Recci trip booked for May 08

police Checks sent for.

House up for sale

(did all this - even sold house- in 2005 got jobs in Queensland and backed out!!)

I've had a look at the suggested site and hopefully as my car is well over 15 years old it looks like there are no restrictions, just what I wanted to see!

Simon