Fresh water.

Guest pennyblack

I used to be a massive carp angler in the UK and sold all of my gear before coming as I did not want to fish for them knowing I would have to kill them. Wether you like it or not it's the Aussie rules and now your in oz we should abide by them. If you don't like the rules you have an option, don't fish for them.

As for people being rude on the thread no just pointing out your wrong ways which you decided not to like. I mean if your not going to follow the rules of the land then how could we ever expect you to take advice or admit you were doing something wrong.

Jeez some people.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest yogi64

Ok BP, after much thought, i'll tell what I'm willing to offer you, I'll arrange to borrow a kayak and I'll take you out into the back waters that I personally fish, no heresay, I'll show you how these fish are in the wild, I've seen feeding frenzies where the Carp are half out of the water, almost grounding themselves and I'll show you some of the native fish we have in our waterways.

Mike

Guest Guest75

This whole debate started when Pennyblack stated he was going to defy the law.

No one on this thread makes these laws ,you will have to take it up with the Government and Fisheries!!!!

Whatever the arguments are on both sides there is a law in place and for people who have immigrated to Australia to announce publicly on a forum that they intend to break the law of their new country is just arrogant and rude.

Why not use that passion to get evidence of your belief and then present it to the relevant authority for consideration.

Anyway, no one has taken up the offer to refresh my sea angling skills once I get back home :-( I don't bite and I'm not a carp :-)

Guest Guest75
Whatever the arguments are on both sides there is a law in place and for people who have immigrated to Australia to announce publicly on a forum that they intend to break the law of their new country is just arrogant and rude.

Why not use that passion to get evidence of your belief and then present it to the relevant authority for consideration.

Anyway, no one has taken up the offer to refresh my sea angling skills once I get back home :-( I don't bite and I'm not a carp :-)

Stop "Carping" ​on about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biglaugh::tongue:

If I get a spare slot on the tub I'll give you a shout ........................:cute:

I popped out today for a solo, the sea looked very flat and tempting. It certainly was not later on!!!!

No fish were hurt in the making of this outing.......................

If I get a spare slot on the tub I'll give you a shout ........................:cute:

I popped out today for a solo, the sea looked very flat and tempting. It certainly was not later on!!!!

Lol.........cheers Tyke the way things are here with the housing market you'll waiting a while for me to join you on the tub.

Have you got your land legs back yet?

Remember the order of the queue ;)

Guest pennyblack
strike and hook? is this the same blinkered, not listen to the other side of the coin, forum where the guy smashed a tench over the head and then asked if anyone knew what it was? only to be told 'they're **** fish, they don't take a lure and taste crap' ? great argument that one lol there will always be people here that do not see the point in killing for killings sake. carp are far to wide spread to beat them now. the water quality mainly around Adelaide is far too poor to support native fish anyway and to my knowledge the only real native fish in this area are galaxids, gudgeon, congoli and a few other small species all the rest are trans located species anyway, so whats the difference between them and carp, tench and goldfish? the real issue with poor water quality is not down to the carp its down to humans, carp are just used as a scapegoat. They don't eat mud like some people believe (have you ever witnessed the wash from a speed boat on the Murray for example) people are to blame not fish.

I liked this post but just wanted to say 'Here here'

surprised it hasn't been deleted though., as my one was. no right to reply, birds of a feather. very poor forum spoilt by a few.

Having watched this thread descend over the last day or two i do think that the original poster Penny Black has been subject to rude and uncalled for attacks which have been patronising,sarcastic and petty.It is no wonder he/she has finally fallen for the bait(pardon the pun)It is almost as if a gang have clubbed together to shout and shoot this person down,whilst patting each other on the back as they do so.This really is poor form.In my opinion it would be far better to have an amicable discussion on this matter,without hurling vitriole from the onset.P.S. Yes i did see the deleted post.

Speaking as a mod here, how about everyone just take a deep breath and move on from the arguing about the laws, legal wotsits and so on.

There was a topic in the OP somewhere, if you care to discuss that. Enough has been said about legal stuff, I think everyone got the point. Any more and we can lock the thread and be done with it.

FWIW, if people are so outraged and find something in the thread offending or upsetting or whatever else, there is a report button. If a post is reported, mods do take a look and see if there is anything needs to be done. As yet in this thread, very few people have bothered to use it.

Guest Damien

So the forecast ain't too bad this weekend, even in the south east, lets all go out and see who gets the biggest fish. Bet I win as the tuna are in! (not from the kayak of course)

Edited by snifter
Tidying the thread

Guest pennyblack

.............................................................................................................

Edited by pennyblack
Tidying the thread

Guest Damien

I can't be bothered any more mate, I tried to educate and help you. Enjoy your fishing. I'm off to bed then gonna catch some salmon with the kids, they grow big down here, should be good fun as fishing should be, maybe keep some for smoking, return the rest. Good night.

Speaking as a mod again, one last time, then we'll lock the thread.

If anyone has complaint about the thread, report the posts concerned. If anyone has any argument they wish to continue about the legal aspect or anything else, take it to PM. I am removing any posts made that are not on topic since I asked for the thread to get back to it. The whole legal debate has been flogged, its time to move on.

ETA - Tidied the thread up a bit.

Edited by snifter

Back to the fishing then. Since coming over and hanging up my carp gear (well selling it) I have tried the usual Aussie fishing types except boat. Jetty fishing is great for the girls to get a few squid but apart from that is limited. What I have done a few times though is get down to Goolwa fishing for the sharks an rays. Good fishing even though I've only managed to get one so far. Will give the river inlet at Noarlunga a go soon but work seems to keep getting in the way.