Guest pennykate

Getting Settled with kids

Guest pennykate

Hi everyone

We moved over from Bolton in Feb and finally got a rental property in West Lakes Shore middle of March and are finally settling into the Adelaide way of life......still waiting for our container though, it feels like forever.

My hubby works up in Elizabeth and for the time being I am a stay at home mum until I know the kids are properly settled.

We have Holly who is 10 and Sam who is 5 they are currently at Westport Primary school and seem to be enjoying it very much.

They are both making lots of friends at school and Sam has just joined upto a soccer club in Fulham Gardens which he is loving but Holly is struggling to find something to do out of school. Does anyone have any ideas on any clubs, whether it be swimming or dancing or alternatively is there any other English families who have a daughter of similar age who we can meet up with, she is really missing all her friends back home.

Thanks

Penny James Holly (10) and Sam (5)

What about guides or scouts, there will be one in our area and unlike swimming, etc the kids spend time interacting and are more likely to make friends. There are dance schools all over Adelaide too. What things does Holly like to do and then we can help further by directing you in the right area. Also why not have her invite one or two girls from school over on a Friday after school for movies, fun and pizza? Seeing people outside of school also helps those school friendships when you have just arrived.

Edited by Rachiegarlo

Rachiegarlo- just spotted your timeline- wow wish I could do that trip by sea - does anyone know if it's still possible? was it a great trip??