Australia Post

Jenny

Anyone else finding a delay in mail being delivered from UK? My sister posted something to me on 4th April along with a parcel - the parcel arrived over two weeks ago - still no sign of the letter. The reason the letter was posted separately was because she was worried in case the parcel didn't arrive on time - typical isn't it. I know most of the mail is sent to Sydney then sorted and sent back as delays like this have happened before. Now I'm worried that its just gone missing, the strange thing is that two different items were posted around the same time from different locations in UK and neither have arrived.

Anyone else had the same thing happen?

Jenny

Guest The Dimmocks

It my birthday today and have received cards from UK that were posted on 22nd April and were received today. It a bit hit and miss though as have waited a while for things in the past.

Guest ReadyPenny
Happy Birthday!! as you say its a bit hit and miss but I reckon after nearly a month my mail must have gone astray - what's the bet it turns up tomorrow!!!!!!

Jenny

Last Christmas a friend posted a card to me on 5 Dec and I received it in April and NO I am not joking!!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

Yes there certainly is!! When I text my friend to thank him, in April, he text back saying "Gees ur a bit late eh?" and I replied "Yep 4 months to be precise , just like your card!!" He couldn't believe it and took quite some convincing that I had genuinely only just got it in the mail!!!!

I know they scan and check all parcels etc coming into Aus so that slows things down a fair bit.

We've sent parcels to Aus and had them take up to a month to arrive, whereas going the other way, its a couple of weeks tops (UK don't scan each item of post coming from overseas). Not lost any when posting to Aus that I can recall.

Guest beckeithking

LOL!! I sent my christmas cards ( in a pack) on the 4th Dec - they arrived in Oz on 22nd `janruary. They were sent airmail!!!!

I have been sending stuff for 13 years to Oz and receiving from Oz - and it is very hit and miss. In all that time only 1 thing has gone missing.

I find sending it on a Thursday from UK is better - no idea why!!!!!

Guest Here at last!

Mondays seem to be the best day to post here. I posted a parcel this Monday in Adelaide and it was received on Thursday in the UK.

A birthday card I posted in March took 4 weeks to arrive in the UK.

I am still waiting for a parcel from my Mum which she posted 3 weeks ago, I have noticed that if there is food or bisto in the parcel it takes slightly longer.

My birthday was on the 27th April and all the cards from the UK (apart from my son's) were late and took 10 days plus to arrive!

My son sent 3 cards in one envelope at the beginning of the month and they took 5 days!

Any I sent recently have all arrived in less than a week from Oz.

Its now over 4 weeks since the mail from UK was posted and as the postman went straight past my box this morning I thought "maybe next week - who knows" saying that I posted a card from here last Thursday and my nephew received it last Wednesday. I was given a number to ring yesterday when I inquired at my local Post Office about any delays they may have been - I rang them, what a joke - no help at all from them, I then got a follow up call today asking me to do a survey on Australia Post........................................ they didn't come out very well.