return flight for my son

brucesbabe

I'm trying to work out what you mean. Are you currently in the UK and your son is planning on flying out to Aus also for a while once you are out there? If so, he should book in country of departure, so book in the UK. You'll find deals around although they may be with some lesser known airlines. I'd book now and leave it open perhaps and just change the return date when he needs to. Unless he knows a def. date of return to the UK.

Hi,

This is the situation - we are all flying out from UK together , we will be staying permanently but he will be returning. All of the one way flights were booked at the same time. We will all be in Oz together and so I could leave it til the last min and sort his return from there.

Get me ?!

Lisa

I am not sure you can book a single from Aus to UK while still in the UK. I know there are restrictions from buying returns outside of originating country. Buying a single when in Aus to UK is going to be more expensive as flights cost more going that way for some reason.

Check online at Qantas or something and see if it lets you purchase a single from Aus to UK while in UK still :)

OK so it's best to do it from this end, but as I've already booked his outbound with singapore air is it going to be possible to change/add on an open return ? Must admit I don't recall seeing the option of open returns in my previous searches. I do know there is an option to log on and change the booking. Thinking aloud ..... probably best to ring them up ! I must stop logging on on a Friday eve after a couple of drinks !!

Thanks guys

Lisa

Guest Ledges

Not sure but I do think its definately cheaper to book a return flight than singles....and have you checked out Asia Air sometime they are cheap.