just back from the UK

Got to say I notice crime not making the papers more here than I ever did in the UK, and when it does it's very low-key. I don't buy a paper here because their quality is so poor, but I do flick through them at work and the occasional one finds its way here via Adel. An Advertiser I'm looking at now has got three pages about the Adelaide Oval redevelopment, a page about the lotto, several full and half-page adverts, four half-page photos that don't have much in the way of stories attached, an article about record numbers of Aussie eateries closing their doors, a page about Lara Bingle (of course), more fluff, nearly half a page about self service tills in supermarkets, something about thin models on catwalks, then on page 23 is the first mention of local news - that a record 5,000 cars were nicked in SA last year, nearly 12,000 broken into and ten per week are getting torched.

As last week's Sunday Mail is still around I'll take a look at that - the Crows are on the front page (of course), there are two pages about a horse winning a race (of course), half a page about Pixie the Chihuahua putting on weight (I don't know about you, but I was relieved to hear about that) along with two colour photos done in a 'before and after' kind of way to prove the point, Lots of full page ads and showbiz pieces before the first local news on page 15 - two men holding a gun to the head of a 79 year old woman, then grabbing her by the throat, pulling her to the ground and standing on her chest before robbing her. I can see why Pixie would come before that!

Jim

first local news on page 15 - two men holding a gun to the head of a 79 year old woman, then grabbing her by the throat, pulling her to the ground and standing on her chest before robbing her. I can see why Pixie would come before that!

Jim

You must of got that wrong things like that don't happen here in Adelaide......Do they??