Hi, everyone (any midwives in here ?)

Guest SteveR

Hello all, We've just started the migration process and hope to be in Adelaide in 09.

I'm a carpenter and my wife is a Midwife. I would imagine that as in the UK I'd just travel to wherever the work is but my wife would need to be near a hospital. Where is the maternity unit in Adelaide or are there several....any recommendations ? Also we have two daughters aged 9 & 12 so will be looking to get them into a good school.

Thanks for any input.

Regards, Steve

Where is the maternity unit in Adelaide or are there several.

Hi Steve welcome to PIA,

Yes is the answer to the title. Lindsey (andy&lindsey) is a midwife. I'm sure she can put you right on what hospitals have maternity depts. I know that http://www.wch.sa.gov.au/ has not sure about Flinders. A quick google will find out.

Pete

Hi,

Just to let you know Flinders is a lovely hospital and has got a nice maternity unit. OH is a neonatal nurse and is hoping to work at Flinders - we had a quick look around last year. They are realyy friendly - if you email the HR dept they will get back to you or put you through to the Unit to help you out.

Good luck.

Hazel

Hello all, We've just started the migration process and hope to be in Adelaide in 09.

I'm a carpenter and my wife is a Midwife. I would imagine that as in the UK I'd just travel to wherever the work is but my wife would need to be near a hospital. Where is the maternity unit in Adelaide or are there several....any recommendations ? Also we have two daughters aged 9 & 12 so will be looking to get them into a good school.

Thanks for any input.

Regards, Steve