Buying used cars in Adelaide

Guest Guest9815

Guest Guest9815

Hi

I am moving to Adelaide in August and will be buying a used car, can anyone give me some advise for this..ie: best places to look for private sellers and also reputable car dealers that wont rip me off, I am looking to buy something like a Toyota Hilux or similar.

Thanks

Chris

Guest MarkSA

I'm certainly no mechanic or know too much about cars however from my experience in living in Adelaide you might want to have a look at carsales.com.au that will give you a good idea of what is around and at what price, there are many car sales garages here so it’s hard to pick anyone in particular however most makes e.g. Toyota have a new and used car section so it would be a good place to start, good luck.

Hi There,

This may help but we got a great service from a garage called Rex Treloar here is his website www.rextreloar.com.au I hope this helps you? Also when you are buying a car make sure you get some sort of warranty as some garages/dealeres don't do it

Also read the small print on the warranties as the companies are very limited to what you can claim...

If your looking for a hilux, good choice, but its a big buy, some companies/services can do a full car check mechanically which is worth it $600-900 (I think) definitely worth it if your going to be investing in a vehicle for over $10k + that possibly has been offroad too

Hope that helps, also the above site is great. I know I spent hours dreaming on cars on there whilst in the UK!

Guest Guest9815
I'm certainly no mechanic or know too much about cars however from my experience in living in Adelaide you might want to have a look at carsales.com.au that will give you a good idea of what is around and at what price, there are many car sales garages here so it’s hard to pick anyone in particular however most makes e.g. Toyota have a new and used car section so it would be a good place to start, good luck.

thanks, I will have a look at that website

Chris

Guest Guest9815

Hi again and thanks to you all for your replys,

I say I am looking at buying a Toyota HiLux but open to suggestions, thats the only 4x4 I am fimiliar with in the UK, so can you recommend something similar to the Toyota? I have seen 4x4 Holdens and Fords etc, just want something

thats reliable and can seat up to 5 people and have a box/pod on the back for my dog... I was planning to spend up to $15k

Chris