last week of the EPL! whic way is it going?

Guest ali

OK folks, its finally here. Personally as a lifelong United fan I'd love to see them clench the title yet again. So I'm crossing my fingers for Fergie and his boys and hope City drops points.

What do you think is going to happen?:wink:

Guest Barney Rubble

That's why it is the best league in the world !

Don't go much on the draping of flags over the players whilst being presented with the stuff at the end.

also not a fan of taking kids out into the furroar of the occaision :nah:

Sat with a Man City Fan and watched it, it was entertaining to say the least:jiggy:

Used to support Man U in the good old days of Bobby Charlton and co but have never been a fan of the gum-chewing Fergie and his lot, so was pleased that Man City won. Even Arsenal made a great come-back after being 17th in the league back in September and the 'right team' got relegated IMO. :biglaugh: (Sorry all you Northerners!:wink:)

Well as a United fan I stayed up to watch the game but didn't really expect much and then QPR almost did it!!!! Oh well, I suppose the best team over the season won in the end. I still think the future's bright for this current United team.

Mick we were gutted over here. My parents they were trying to hide their dismay for the benefit of us. The family is all RED. Yep, I thought Mark Hughes had done Fergie a great favor until the the 5 minutes added time. Not the best team won it though, the team with lots of money won the title just the way Chelsea did a few years ago. They are not going to be a force in the EPL much longer. :wink:

That's why it is the best league in the world !

Don't go much on the draping of flags over the players whilst being presented with the stuff at the end.

also not a fan of taking kids out into the furroar of the occaision :nah:

Sat with a Man City Fan and watched it, it was entertaining to say the least:jiggy:

Barney I bet the City fan laughed, cried and laughed again. Yesterday was such an emotional event. For both set of fans.

But as we say: There is only one football club in the city of MANCHESTER and that is: UNITED! UNITED! UNITED! :biggrin:

Used to support Man U in the good old days of Bobby Charlton and co but have never been a fan of the gum-chewing Fergie and his lot, so was pleased that Man City won. Even Arsenal made a great come-back after being 17th in the league back in September and the 'right team' got relegated IMO. :biglaugh: (Sorry all you Northerners!:wink:)

I got married to United when I was very young (10) and erm, like they say marriage is forever, in sickness and in health. :smile:

Guest Guest75

Talking a language I don't understand here:arghh::arghh:

Showing your age Jane :tongue:

I don't know one end of a soccer ball from the other!!

Guest smit
Talking a language I don't understand here:arghh::arghh:

Showing your age Jane :tongue:

I don't know one end of a soccer ball from the other!!

with a statement like that you must be a man united fan:huh:

Mick we were gutted over here. My parents they were trying to hide their dismay for the benefit of us. The family is all RED. Yep, I thought Mark Hughes had done Fergie a great favor until the the 5 minutes added time. Not the best team won it though, the team with lots of money won the title just the way Chelsea did a few years ago. They are not going to be a force in the EPL much longer. :wink:

What a silly statement! and thats coming from a swansea fan ;)

Guest Barney Rubble

Sounds like sour grapes here :huh:

Lets face it as a fact Manure take / make more money on merchandise than they do through the turnstiles, it is no longer a sport it is a business:mad:

One of the reasons the National English Soccer team has struggled for so long to be a major contender. :nah:

Guest Barney Rubble
Barney I bet the City fan laughed, cried and laughed again. Yesterday was such an emotional event. For both set of fans.

But as we say: There is only one football club in the city of MANCHESTER and that is: UNITED! UNITED! UNITED! :biggrin:

She did, i told her she reminded me of Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal in the scene in the cafe of "When Harry met Sally"

when Meg Ryan describes . . . . well you know the rest :biggrin:

Edited by Barney Rubble

What a silly statement! and thats coming from a swansea fan ;)

Well, I believe that City are going to be swept aside like the other big clubs of the recent years i.e. Chelsea and Arsenal:wink:

Sounds like sour grapes here :huh:

Lets face it as a fact Manure take / make more money on merchandise than they do through the turnstiles, it is no longer a sport it is a business:mad:

One of the reasons the National English Soccer team has struggled for so long to be a major contender. :nah:

It has indeed become an industry. And there is no stopping it. When billions tune in on a channel to watch a single match it'd be mortifying for big corporations not to endorse the clubs with their finances and in return gain a bigger share of the market. Unfortunately this has been happening in the last 3 decades. I love United, have always been a fan and they are not to blame for this. They are the biggest English club and rightly so:

-titles

-number of fans worldwide

-financially

They just decided that they didn't want to go down like so many other well respected English sides that are not around in the EPL anymore. :smile:

She did, i told her she reminded me of Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal in the scene in the cafe of "When Harry met Sally"

hen Meg Ryan describes . . . . well you know the rest :biggrin:

Aye, I got the picture. Well at least it turned out to be fairytale for her and in the extra times at that. What a day, I was about to start singing: Glory glory Man United... :biglaugh:

Guest Barney Rubble
Aye, I got the picture. Well at least it turned out to be fairytale for her and in the extra times at that. What a day, I was about to start singing: Glory glory Man United... :biglaugh:

Always next year :-)

I think of all the older clubs that have been around for over 100 years like Bolton, Preston Blackburn Rovers, would love to see some billionaire pick up one of these clubs and put them back into the top stream of the competition.

Even Fulham did well again this year (Al Fayed owns them plus Harrods) but the ground need a bit of work.

Try buying one of their shirts in a sports shop ?

My main regret is kids that grow up wanting to follow winners and get brainwashed into a mass majority marketing scheme.

That's my rant, just going to look at the english tabloids then call it a night.

Always next year :-)

I think of all the older clubs that have been around for over 100 years like Bolton, Preston Blackburn Rovers, would love to see some billionaire pick up one of these clubs and put them back into the top stream of the competition.

Even Fulham did well again this year (Al Fayed owns them plus Harrods) but the ground need a bit of work.

Try buying one of their shirts in a sports shop ?

My main regret is kids that grow up wanting to follow winners and get brainwashed into a mass majority marketing scheme.

That's my rant, just going to look at the english tabloids then call it a night.

I share your sentiments of the marketing schemes as well Barney. These days children tend to follow on whatever the tabloids feed them. As a United fan ( I started cheering for them long before they became a real force) I believe the fact that this club has some real history about it. From the bombing of Old Trafford in the second war to the devastating crash in Munich, to the Busby Babes and the fact that this club has only seen 17 managers (to the best of my knowledge) in its long long history gives me real pleasure watching them grow even more.

Yes Al Fayed might be the first non-English football club owner in the EPL (I guess he sold Harrods though). Indeed it would be interesting to see some money injected into clubs with history that are failing to produce against wealthier ones of recent fortune. Then you might see some 'real' competition because money and finances will be in abundance and not in favour of a few clubs. Indeed, then you will see kids follow their own local clubs (not all, as I'm not a resident of Manchester but I have a deep and passionate love story still going strong with United).

I also support a local Iranian club that has the largest fan base in the whole of Asia (40,000 million fans globally). Persepolis of Tehran. Ironically they wear red as well.:wink:

Well, I believe that City are going to be swept aside like the other big clubs of the recent years i.e. Chelsea and Arsenal:wink:

I think you mean Blackburn. Arsenal actually came third, which is not that bad, really. Chelsea, they are in the Champions League final, so that might be considered successful, plus the FA cup, this season.

Cooler

I think you mean Blackburn. Arsenal actually came third, which is not that bad, really. Chelsea, they are in the Champions League final, so that might be considered successful, plus the FA cup, this season.

Cooler

Yes Cooler if you look at it from that angle they might've enjoyed some level of success. But when you look at their form in recent years you come to understand that they're not as 'successful' as they'd like with all the spending spree. What United has achieved is consistency. Not many of them show that level of continuity in my opinion. :smile:

Yes Cooler if you look at it from that angle they might've enjoyed some level of success. But when you look at their form in recent years you come to understand that they're not as 'successful' as they'd like with all the spending spree. What United has achieved is consistency. Not many of them show that level of continuity in my opinion. :smile:

True, United have had fantastic success. United have spent plenty of money themselves and broken the transfer record a few times.

"We know that because, as we've experienced today, we've lost on goal difference. "They [City] can go on as much as they like. That's what you would expect, but the history of our club stands us aside. "We don't need to worry about that. I think we have a rich history, better than anyone, and it will take them a century to get to our level of history

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1497763_sir-alex-ferguson-congratulates-manchester-city-but-says-manchester-united-history-sets-reds-aside

Yep it is Steve, the original 'cooler king', did all the stunts himself :)

Cheers,

Cooler

True, United have had fantastic success. United have spent plenty of money themselves and broken the transfer record a few times.

"We know that because, as we've experienced today, we've lost on goal difference. "They [City] can go on as much as they like. That's what you would expect, but the history of our club stands us aside. "We don't need to worry about that. I think we have a rich history, better than anyone, and it will take them a century to get to our level of history

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1497763_sir-alex-ferguson-congratulates-manchester-city-but-says-manchester-united-history-sets-reds-aside

Yep it is Steve, the original 'cooler king', did all the stunts himself :)

Cheers,

Cooler

Fergie is Fergie. He's getting old and even though this season I believe he was at fault for United getting second place I still believe that next season he will have learned from this season's mistakes and make an even stronger United.

My Aunt was absolutely in love with Steve McQueen (my Grandmas always had a crush on Sean Connery) :biglaugh:

Fergie is Fergie. He's getting old and even though this season I believe he was at fault for United getting second place I still believe that next season he will have learned from this season's mistakes and make an even stronger United.

My Aunt was absolutely in love with Steve McQueen (my Grandmas always had a crush on Sean Connery) :biglaugh:

I honestly believe that United have their weakest squad in a very long time. Without Fergie, they would not have finished as high - I am not a fan of his, either.

I used to know Danny Welbeck pretty welly and another United player who never made it (Febian Brandy). Name dropping, sad man man!

Cooler

I honestly believe that United have their weakest squad in a very long time. Without Fergie, they would not have finished as high - I am not a fan of his, either.

I used to know Danny Welbeck pretty welly and another United player who never made it (Febian Brandy). Name dropping, sad man man!

Cooler

You're right, without Fergie they wouldn't have made it this far. But I believe that he's partly to blame for the squad being this weak. He was being very arrogant this season and as a United fan I really wanted him to see the point clearly, that United were not up against small teams anymore. Almost every team in the EPL is trying to get bigger one way or another and he failed to see this and take a proactive action.

So how good do you think your old pal Danny Welbeck will get? Will he stay or is he one of those that leaves?:smile: