Guest dawn77

traffic in adelaide

Guest dawn77

hi everyone , we were just wondering how busy it gets in and around adelaide , is there good road systems or can it be a complete nightmare driving round.

weve been looking at some suburbs that say they are about 30 mins drive away from adelaide city , does this mean in rush hour or not ?

any help would be great many thanks Dawn x:wacko:

Guest Libby1971

Rush hour is busy there is no denying it but not stand still like in the UK.

We live about 20/25 mins from city centre. This is outside of rush hour. During rush hour I would say anthing from 40 mins to 50 mins depending on the time I leave.

We drove around deliberately during rush hour to get a feel of how much time to allow for getting to and from jobs etc. It was handy.

When we went to Brisbane in 2006, there was one road which was at a total standstill for ages. It took us 40 mins to just get past the airport.

Libby

Guest georgia97

Thanks for that libby , were are you living now , if you dont mind me asking.

we would like to be around that time from adelaide , so looking at all the suburbs within half an hour

cheers Dawn

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Adelaide is known for the 15 minute rush hour, yes during these times the traffic gets heavy but in comparison to the UK it is laughable,after 20 months I still can't believe how quiet the roads are,

Guzzler

Driving here is SOOOO much nicer than in the UK. We live in Woodcroft which is probably about 30 minutes from the city (non rush hour) and the busiest times of the day are school drop off and pick up times. The rest of the time it's bliss, the roads are wide and traffic free and you can always find a parking spot! You get the occasional idiot who tailgates you to get you out of the way but it's pretty rare. Watch out for those speed limits though!!!:policeman:

Definitely agree with Liz & Sarah. Its a doddle driving here but watch for the 100.......80.......100.........60 changes in the speed limits, they can easily catch you out !!

Angela