New person here. Lots of questions..

Guest misschief3003

Guest misschief3003

Hiya

my names Siobhan and I am hoping to mov to Adelaide in September. I'm on 4th interview for a job and I hear on Monday if I have it. 99% sure I have it. We will e in a 457 visa. Couple of questions of best places to live. We want a nice area. 3/4 bedrooms in nice rural area. Also does anyone know who is best to use to ship the furniture out. There are so many people out there and they all sy they'll come out and give us a quote. We are on a tight budget so cost is a factor. Also my job is sponsored and wondered if it was easy enough for my hubby to get work. He is a HGV driver here as well as holding all his fork lift licences. All advice help is very much appreciated

Hello and Welcome! you will get plenty of advice on here about all sorts of things.

With regards to areas - those living in Oz will give you pointers and will say that it's good to have an idea on where you are thinking when you get there but don't pin your hopes on those areas as you don't know until you are there.

Shipping companies get at least 3 - 5 quotes and then haggle. Just to give you an idea we have a 3 bed semi for a family of 4 and we are getting everything in a 20 foot container and the cheapest quote was £3,600.

Good luck for Monday.

Mis

Guest misschief3003

Thanks hun. £3600 sounds really good who's that through if you dont mind me asking. We have a three bed too and my husband use to work in shipping so said we should defo get in a 20ft too. C

Hello and welcome :)

Have a look and possibly post your questions in the specific sections. Often people might not read or reply in the Welcome section on a regular basis so might not see this thread. Renting and Real Estate contains plenty of info on areas to live, threads and replies from people in the past who asked on here. And also Jobs and Careers as that might be useful for your hubby and his needing info on work etc.

Guest MrsC

Hi Siobhan, my nme is dawn, we are also moving out in September (Me Husband and 18 month old daughter too) my husband has a job in Adelaide and his company are using Chess International (or their english partners) for the removal. Good luck with your job! I am addicted to realestate.com.au and domain.com.au but all we become clear when we get there I suppose! Feel free to keep intouch. xx

Guest misschief3003

Hiya

Thanks for the info guys

Mrs C, we should defo keep in touch. So funny you doing it the same time with same age daughter. We can give each other help and support. Find out about my job tomorrow. Terrifying but very exciting too. X

Hi whereabouts will your job be based? You say you would like something rural, but do you mean "rural" in the British sense or "rural" in the Australian sense?! They are two quite different things I think! Anyway, a good site for rural properties is www.countryestates.com.au but as I say, it will depend on where you will be working, unless you are happy for a two hour commute each way to some places! Around here (to the north east side of town) I like places such as One Tree Hill, Kersbrook, Houghton and Humbug Scrub, but there are also lots of tree-y places that are closer into the main town, or if you like country town type living then Gawler is nice. However, if you will be working in the south, those wouldn't be very practical, in which case you might like to look somewhere around McLaren Vale, or perhaps Meadows....