Guest misschief3003

Health insurance help needed for my 457 application

Guest misschief3003

Hi there. Wonder if anyone has advice

My new companies lawyer has been in touch re bits she needs for my 457 visa application. She has said I have to provide details of my health insurance or my travel insurance might suffice if it has enough cover on it fOr entry in to Oz and obviously will need to sort it out when we get there. Can anyone help in what we need to get please. Xx

Guest lyn

We also used IMAN for our 457 health cover. Be careful if using a 'regular' travel insurance policy as we were about to but then checked the small print which said we were only covered for the journey to Australia and not covered once we entered the country (the policy only covered us if coming here on holiday but not for coming here to live). That's why we finally went for the proper 457 cover with IMAN.

Guest misschief3003

Thanks guys, and how much did it cost. Did you buy it now to start for when you get there etc. sorry if I sound Naeive. Do I need to buy it now for the proof to give them x

Thanks guys, and how much did it cost. Did you buy it now to start for when you get there etc. sorry if I sound Naeive. Do I need to buy it now for the proof to give them x

Think we had to give details with the application, its about $150 a month for a couple, pay it from your uk account then change the direct debit when you get here.

Guest lyn

Our agent wanted a copy of our annual travel insurance policy (which we already had) to submit with the visa application. As I said, we then changed our minds about the cover we wanted and applied for the IMAN cover instead just before we travelled. The cost varies depending on the level of cover you choose and whether you are single, couple or family. Have a look at their website and see what you think. As jimmyskinner said earlier, you can just get the basic to satisfy diac for your visa. You need to have proof of a policy in place to cover you once you get here - not sure if you can "post-date' the policy to commence once you actually travel or if the policy needs to be running when you submit your visa application....I'd check that with your agent/lawyer.

Guest Mitchell

If you're on a 457 then ask your employer. Mine provides full health and ambulance cover as part of my salary package.