guspjmh

House selling - encouraging start!

Guest La1ney

Well, a very strange viewing they hardly said a thing and when asked a question didn't answer. Only thing I got out of them is they will let us know tomorrow, did like house as its big. Lets see what happens tomorrow. Not holding out much hope.

Well they say if they are there only 10 mins and don't say a lot it's a good sign!

Good luck and I hope they come back with a positive.

Guest La1ney

Thanks Misplaced. Would be nice if it sold, we fly on the 30th Aug

Well they say if they are there only 10 mins and don't say a lot it's a good sign!

Good luck and I hope they come back with a positive.

I agree, it the best type of viewer, nearly always a good sign.

fingers crossed.

Irishstew

Guest guest8040

How's everyone getting on with their sales - see you're all sorted irish stew - congratulations! We've had 4 viewings in3 months however thought I'd share our progress. We never dreamed renting our house out would be an option as we have no savings at all and need the equity out of the property. But it is and I'm so relieved we have safety net if the house doesn't sell before we want to go next March/April. It was seeing a comment on here and talking to others that have done it that pushed me to see a financial advisor. You can mortgage around 75% of the total value of your home on an interest only buy to let mortgage and as long as the rental is greater than the mortgage payment you're sorted. The equity on our property was less than 75% of the total so we will be able to release the difference to fund our dream!

Guest Chris_J

Our house isn't moving at all. 5 viewings in about 7 or 8 weeks and not a sniff of an offer. Almost up poopus creekus. Not sure what to do now with regards renting out or hope for the next couple of months to change but we fly out on 30th September.

How's everyone getting on with their sales - see you're all sorted irish stew - congratulations! We've had 4 viewings in3 months however thought I'd share our progress. We never dreamed renting our house out would be an option as we have no savings at all and need the equity out of the property. But it is and I'm so relieved we have safety net if the house doesn't sell before we want to go next March/April. It was seeing a comment on here and talking to others that have done it that pushed me to see a financial advisor. You can mortgage around 75% of the total value of your home on an interest only buy to let mortgage and as long as the rental is greater than the mortgage payment you're sorted. The equity on our property was less than 75% of the total so we will be able to release the difference to fund our dream!

We're in much the same boat. Been on the market just over 3 months, and must have had about 10 viewings, but no offers. We are gonna knock £10k off the sale price, but if this doesn't work we are either going to book a reccie for March-time, or look into buy-to-let.

We have about 40% equity, so should be ok to free up a decent amount of money - it's just the hassle! Another viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed!

We have been on the market since the end of February and have had about 6 viewings, knocked 14,000 off the price and still no one wants it!

Rightmove figures are always up but no takers. Until the banks drop the 20% deposit I think selling will be very hard.

Guest guest8040

I think you're right Misplaced and goodness knows when that will be! Gus I think we established upon getting our visas that we're on the same time line :) We've thought about a reccie and it was our only option when we thought renting was not an option for us. However it seems the rental market is booming so if we don't sell that is our new plan B! Bit more risky than a reccie but cheaper on the pocket in the short term!

Guest Chris_J

Indeed :-( but fingers crossed we may get an offer tomorrow, although signs are it's lower than we're willing to accept..... we'll see. Hopefully won't need to push the rent button.

Aside from that, the car has now been damaged and won't be repaired before I'm out of the country. Someone or something is really trying to test me. God knows how I'll sell it now.

Indeed :-( but fingers crossed we may get an offer tomorrow, although signs are it's lower than we're willing to accept..... we'll see. Hopefully won't need to push the rent button.

Aside from that, the car has now been damaged and won't be repaired before I'm out of the country. Someone or something is really trying to test me. God knows how I'll sell it now.

Hi Chris,

It will all be worth it! We arrived four weeks ago, we were so stressed before leaving as lots of things went haywire, but we are so happy to have gone through it all now, as it got us here! Sending you lots of empathy.

Sinead

Indeed :-( but fingers crossed we may get an offer tomorrow, although signs are it's lower than we're willing to accept..... .

Hi Guys, I was doing a bit of digging in conjunction with something else and noticed that Inland revenue become interested in your rental income and also capital gains tax if you have not lived in property and then sell it. Might be worth checking if you are better taking a lower price now rather than getting bitten with some tax later. As I say I did not pay a lot of attention to it, but worth checking it.

Well Chris J - did they make an offer - an offer is always a starting point.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest guest8040

Ive had the tax thing explained to me Irish stew and it's not a problem but as with tax generally it's so confusing I couldn't explain it on here eloquently enough - in short when we sat with a financial advisor the figures didn't put us off!

Hi Sinead so pleased to see you have made it!!!! X

Aww thank you! We are so happy to have made the move, love it love it love it here!

Guest Chris_J

Hi all, sorry not been on the net much the last few days it's been manic seeing friends and family and sorting the car. Well anyway, they did indeed make an offer which we refused and then accepted the 2nd :biggrin: talk about timing hehe. They're first time buyers and I'm really hoping the sale will go through quickly, but I don't know how much paper work we have to sign, and we could be out of the country by then.....

Hi all, sorry not been on the net much the last few days it's been manic seeing friends and family and sorting the car. Well anyway, they did indeed make an offer which we refused and then accepted the 2nd :biggrin: talk about timing hehe. They're first time buyers and I'm really hoping the sale will go through quickly, but I don't know how much paper work we have to sign, and we could be out of the country by then.....

Yehaaaa - :jiggy:thats great news Chris J. Hope it all sails through very quickly enjoy the moment (somtimes the legals can drag a bit - be prepared)

IrishStew

Guest Chris_J
Well done Chris!!! Bet there was a few big phews in your house

Thank You there certainly were. Looks like sale may go very quickly survey depending. Still so much to do tho and removals in next week.

Well the one time offer was not a one time offer but their first offer was so ridiculously low that the improved one wasn't much better!

The only saving grace is that every time someone comes and has a look we seem to go further down the process.

Well done Chris! I hope everything goes nice and smooth for you.