guspjmh

House selling - encouraging start!

Guest Guest75
Good luck with that one.......mind you why is she driving to Oz ;-) ! ....lol

Groooooaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ya daft dill!!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Our first second viewing is on Saturday!

They came to see it yesterday and contacted the estate agent yesterday to arrange a second viewing for the weekend - they have already had an offer accepted on theirs. Fingers crossed!

Good luck! If they've had an offer on theirs then they're obviously not mucking about. Got everything crossed for you.

Guest guest8040

Good luck Gus, everything crossed for you! Hope they're not like our second viewing. We were in the same position a few weeks ago, brought their parents made all the right noises, stayed for ages, then nothing, no feedback, nowt, the rotters!

Good luck Gus, everything crossed for you! Hope they're not like our second viewing. We were in the same position a few weeks ago, brought their parents made all the right noises, stayed for ages, then nothing, no feedback, nowt, the rotters!

I don't think they'll bring their parents, as they are in their 40's!

Shame about yours, but I'm sure something will happen soon. Sending good vibes your way!

Oh well, we didn't even get to the 2nd viewing!

They have decided to stretch their budget and try for something bigger, so have cancelled - I don't know how big a house they need, we have 4 good sized bedrooms and a 60 foot garden, but they must have their sights set on more!

Disappointed, but there we go - looks like March is destined to be no more than a reccie, which isn't a bad thing as it allows my wife to get a flavour of the place.

They have decided to stretch their budget and try for something bigger, so have cancelled - I don't know how big a house they need, we have 4 good sized bedrooms and a 60 foot garden, but they must have their sights set on more!

Disappointed, but there we go - looks like March is destined to be no more than a reccie, which isn't a bad thing as it allows my wife to get a flavour of the place.

Frustrating, but dont panic even if you sold in Jan you could still make March. Just make sure that you have already begun the declutter.

Heres hoping more come soon.

IishStew

Gutted for you mate!

How big do THEY want!!! Bloody hell that size house would be fine for most.

Anyway, onward and upward...............this site could run a book on when either of us sell our houses. They would make a fortune!

Keep smiling,

Mis

They probably were just kickers who wanted to pretend that they wanted something bigger. You do get them!

I look forward to reading your publications, comedy or tearjerker??

IrishStew

While I was disappointed, as my nature is that of an impatient git, my wife views it as good news because she wants to experience Adelaide in March before making the move here. I just don't like the feeling in limbo, although I shouldn't complain as we are both working and life is pretty good in Cardiff (weather excepted). I spoke to the estate agent (who is actually a friend) today and we have decided to take the property off the market from the second week of December until the third week of January, just to give it a break and allow us a little breather so we needn't worry about viewings over Christmas.

I'm sure our houses will both sell when they are meant to, and worrying about it doesn't achieve a thing!

Stu - which of Tamaras houses are you renting? We are staying in 'Boomerang' for a fortnight in March.

Guest guest8040

Aw gus :( just think though, if you're anything like me at least you haven't had to clean the place from top to bottom and shove all the kids clutter in cupboards, garage, shed and car! We got agreement in principle on a buy to let mortgage today - a massive relief! We're arriving at Boomerang 11 days after you vacate it!

Guest Guest75

Sorry to read this Gus, bloody house market is shocking.

Hate time wasters, especially when your new life depends upon it.

Then you are on tenderhooks until the exchange as the bugga's can pull out at the last minute!!

I hate the UK property system.

The Torrens system ( invented here in Adelaide) is now adopted world wide..........should be in the UK.

Argh! We had a viewing at the weekend and they came in with an offer £52k under asking, which we laughed out. They have come back twice and are now just £15k under asking and I think we are likely to accept! I'm terrified now and God knows what my wife will be like when she gets home tonight...

Gus,

That is great news.....well kind of! Can you not get them to up their offer even a little bit more by another £2500.

By the way I'm not jealous in any way.......honest!

Mis

Gus,

That is great news.....well kind of! Can you not get them to up their offer even a little bit more by another £2500.

By the way I'm not jealous in any way.......honest!

Mis

Thanks! Bubble has burst a bit now, as my wife is really stressed and negative again. She is close to her two brothers and doesn't want to leave them, regardless of how positive i try to be she is pessimistic about things. I don't want to force the move through if she isn't happy, but I can only see positives for us and the kids futures.

Guest guest8040

Gus if you're wife wants to chat to someone she can certainly contact me, Oz was my idea but I now worry about leaving people behind, however I'm still going! I've got pally with a few girls off here (now in Adelaide and loving it) and it helped before they went to sound off to each other as women tend to do, in fact they still put up with me bugging them now (it would be nice to chat to someone on a similar timeline to me). It's made me feel much more positive having a little network of contacts on those wobble days! As you know we're renting our house out now (not prepared to lose lots of equity), psychologically though it's also made me feel better. I definitely don't intend to return to the UK and am going to throw everything into Aussie life but it just feels like a safety net if things do go belly up - if it's a possibility may it help her too? Offer's there if she or you want to take me up on it - good luck!

Hahaha - ubelievable! Our buyer has now decided that our house is too much of a stretch after we accepted their offer and has withdrawn.

It's all fun eh?

Really sorry to hear that mate!

There's nowt strange as folk!

Seriously, why do people do it? Stupidly low offers on your house and ours. Yours got to a price you thought ok then accept but now they back out. Obviously they have over stretched themselves but why do they not realise they are playing with people's emotions!!!!!

Ooooohhhhh! It makes my blood boil!

Keep smiling

Mis

Guest guest8040

Aw Gus - that's maddening! So basically they wanted a house they couldn't afford - what planet do people operate on? I know it's a buyers market but not to the point that sellers are going to give their houses away, fingers crossed for you and misplaced that something happens soon

I must admit, that with the disappointment is a tinge of relief.

My wife has her heart set on our March reccie to check the place out before the full move, and there is no rush - our house WILL sell, it's just a matter of when. A great target would be moving out there around this time next year, but whatever happens will happen and we just need to roll with it!

Guest Chris_J

Have you guys lowered on price at all since you put your houses on the market? Maybe try going offers above your lowest you would accept. The estate agents could do an open house day, ours was going to but luckily we accepted an offer just before the ball got rolling on that. Have you been tidying the clutter etc, take your family pictures down and ornaments people can see more space they want your house not your home, they will make it their home after. Problem now is Christmas and nobody really wants to move over Christmas. When we bought we had the offer accepted November and were in by Feb.

Chris - lowered our house price by £15,000.

When people come to look it is like a show home.

Just that people here it is a buyers market and want something for nothing.

We have researched our area thoroughly and or a similar house in our area we are the lowest priced.

So in answer to your question yes we have!

Oh and 2 open days and one viewing!!!

Guest Chris_J

Jeez feeling for you honestly :-( I found the biggest ball ache was tidying all the time for viewings and not being able to pack for here. We were then at the point of hitting the button on renting the house out to not lose too much equity but we were lucky enough to have my redundancy money and my parents could help a little if needed, which they did as the redundancy money has gone and hopefully the house completes very soon. Take it you can't remortgage to release some equity and the let the house out?

Well we had another viewing yesterday :-0!!!!!

Usual noises 'it's a lovely house' etc. etc.

Strange one this though as they were an oldish couple who are looking to buy a bungalow but didn't want to discount this one??? Their daughter is looking as well and they think she would love the house as well!

Don't hold out much hope as it seems a strange situation.

Bloody tidying up between Christmas and New Year was fun!!!.....lol

Guest Guest75
Well we had another viewing yesterday :-0!!!!!

Usual noises 'it's a lovely house' etc. etc.

Strange one this though as they were an oldish couple who are looking to buy a bungalow but didn't want to discount this one??? Their daughter is looking as well and they think she would love the house as well!

Don't hold out much hope as it seems a strange situation.

Bloody tidying up between Christmas and New Year was fun!!!.....lol

Come on slacker - get that house sold!!!!!!!