Josie

Pronunciation of Noarlunga???

Out of interest... and to avoid any embarrassment in a few months time.... how on earth do you pronounce Noarlunga? (please type it phonetically!!)

Thanks lots x

Guest Gemma Parker Gibbon

hi, its just pronounced as Nor-lun-ga. nothing fancy. :0)

Nor-lun-ger

Or

Dont-park-your-car-there-as-it-will-get-stolen

:biglaugh::biglaugh:Funny, but boy is that gonna get a response! I've only just crawled out from under the desk over the Great Pie Debate of 2012 - might have to head back under there.

Jim

Nor-lun-ger

Or

Dont-park-your-car-there-as-it-will-get-stolen

IS Noarlunga not a nice area then? I'm trying to establish nice suburbs to live in - can I remove Noarlunga from this then? What about Seaford, Moana and Christies beach?

Terrible place to live, look somewhere away from the great beach, the lovely foreshore great RSL and the real beach side living.

its horrible....:-)

then it will remain the hidden jewel andi can continue to enjoy the vacant beach for longer...

Guest bushius

If this thread continues then people will noar lunga want to move there!

Guest Django
    So you'd say it's a great place for a young family then?

Port Noarlunga is a lovely place for a young family. Not only do you have a great beach but also the kids will just love the wooden fort at Jubilee reserve. You are just minutes away from the shopping centre and there are many sporting clubs for them to join when older.

When I have been a bit down I drive along The Esplanade from Christie Beach and as you go over the hill into Port Noarlunga you just look at the view and it is an instant pick me up. I still say to myself 'I live here' every time. Lovely place to live. :wink:

Port Noarlunga is a lovely place for a young family. Not only do you have a great beach but also the kids will just love the wooden fort at Jubilee reserve. You are just minutes away from the shopping centre and there are many sporting clubs for them to join when older.

When I have been a bit down I drive along The Esplanade from Christie Beach and as you go over the hill into Port Noarlunga you just look at the view and it is an instant pick me up. I still say to myself 'I live here' every time. Lovely place to live. :wink:

Thanks! I think it is at the top of my 'places I want to live' list! Seaford and Moana are next - what are they like?

Guest Guest75

Yeah but it's full of Poms now................... Someone had to say it :biglaugh:

Only in fun before the fight starts...................:cute:

OK , How do newbies pronounce Thebarton??

Guest Katangel

Lol have to laugh :-) i get a lot of stick about my accent here and how i pronounce things yet i find it hilarious how English people say aussie things lol :-) and i.d say noarlunga as nor-lung-gar :-)

Noarlunga = Noah - lung - ga but run it together with no gaps .

That's how hubby says it. Just when said at normal speed you barely hear the 'Noah' part.

Guest moonraker1959

My OH says Thebarton "The barton!So funny!My husband asked me how I would pronounce it and I replied "Thebby!:biggrin:

Guest Guest75
    The biggest debate is how to pronounce Greenwith.....

Easy....................... pronounced BBID................... Big Bad Industrial North............................. and before the fight starts.......................I'll stick my cheeky emoticons in :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Some place names always get a titter............

Pooraka

Kangarilla.

Guest Guest75
    Onkaparinga ...Panalatinga .......

Patawolonga.....it's a river I know but try saying some of the stuff over here when you have had a few!!

Guest Guest75
    We're near Sauerbier Creek - that's a tricky one too.

Just the reason why we use the work Beck in Yorkshire - for any small stream,creek.