Guest The Waite Family

Early days but still exciting

Guest The Waite Family

We have just sent off our first payment and first lot of signatures and stuff to our agent.

Only very early days but now the dream is starting to become a reality. Kids are over excited already even though it might take a year or more to get there.

Jon has to pass some exam in June before we can apply for Visa's but i'm sure it'll be ok (he's an electrican)

Wish we'd made this decision a year ago, we might be there now :daydreaming:

Still not told the MIL yet :shocked: and keep dreaming about spiders! (Must stop looking at pics of them) lol

Now will have to think about getting rid of loads of junk (It'll take us a year just to empty the loft and the garage) :arghh:

Guest deborah

Hi,

Yes it is quite exciting. I am doing my own skills assessment!!

WE are only just beginning like you. There is a lot to think about.

Are you going to the EXPO in Leeds?

Think we may do as not too far for us (near Sheffield)

Could make a day out and go to armouries.

Debs

Guest mOZzy

congrats!!

i still remember when we started off!!

hang on to that feeling and don't get too comfy in the waiting area ;)

good luck!!

Guest Django

Now you're off and running. Good for you.:D You can start a time line in your signature now. ;)

Pete

Hello Waite Family

We're at the same stage as you - all our paperwork has gone off and just waiting for a date for OH's exam! Think deep down he's dreading it!!

Like you, we wished it was something we'd done years ago, but hey ho we're off the mark now and hopefully 12 months down the line we can say we've got our visas and we're off (fingers/toes and everything else crossed).

I've already started selling our stuff (although I have yet to clear at the shed at the bottom of the garden, like you I hate spiders and I know there are some monsters in there!;)) - keep saying its my airplane ticket fund (at least its a start).

Well good luck and hope to hear how you get on.

Take care,

Kim x

Guest caoimhe

Trust me the year will fly in, it was last Feb when we started and I don't know where it went although the last month waiting on a case officer seems to have taken years

Now we have the worry of the medicals and after that the waiting and checking for emails every half hour. WILL THE WAITING AND UNCERTAINTY EVER END:arghh::arghh: