keldaz

Jetski hire

We've got relations coming over for a visit Jan 13, OH's sisters boyfriend says he wants a go on a Jetski. Yes I know Brits abroad and all that, take someone from the smoke and stick them near a beach, and that's what you get. Does anyone know about Jetski hire around Adelaide?. Don't worry, I've got to go with him apparently, so I'll make sure he gets a damn good dunking!!!!!

Ps. Have told him there can be sharks in the water here, so he won't need to worry about leg room on flight home lol.

Guest Guest75
    We've got relations coming over for a visit Jan 13, OH's sisters boyfriend says he wants a go on a Jetski. Yes I know Brits abroad and all that, take someone from the smoke and stick them near a beach, and that's what you get. Does anyone know about Jetski hire around Adelaide?. Don't worry, I've got to go with him apparently, so I'll make sure he gets a damn good dunking!!!!!

Ps. Have told him there can be sharks in the water here, so he won't need to worry about leg room on flight home lol.

Dunno who hires them out but you will need a license to ride one. Any powered watercraft needs an operator with a boat license on public waters.

Sorry to break it to you.

Have a look here to check just in case.

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+and+motoring/Boating+and+marine/Boat+operators,+licences+and+permits/Applying+for+a+boat+licence

As far as im aware there is a place in Port Adelaide...used to call SA Jet Ski Tours....where you have guided tours around the ships graveyard and port river etc and we didnt need a licence.

Dan

Guest Guest75
    As far as im aware there is a place in Port Adelaide...used to call SA Jet Ski Tours....where you have guided tours around the ships graveyard and port river etc and we didnt need a licence.

Dan

That sounds a great trip!

Wonder how they get around the licence laws though???

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+and+motoring/Boating+and+marine/Boat+and+marine+safety/Boating+safely/Personal+watercraft

Probably the same way as they do with houseboats, you only need a full drivers licence for one of those.

There is also a Jetski hire place on Barrage Road at Goolwa, maybe only operating in the warmer months.

Yes thanks for ruining our trip Tyke, doesn't suprise me you would need a licence, you need a licence or a certificate for just about everything here it would seem. Scooterdans suggestion sounds good though, we'll look into that.

On another subject Tyke, don't think I haven't noticed your profile picture has changed, you may have fooled the others, but my mum didn't raise any fools. Its obvious to me your some variety of shape shifting alien hell bent on invasion, so I'll be keeping an eye on you lol.

Probably the same way as they do with houseboats, you only need a full drivers licence for one of those.

There is also a Jetski hire place on Barrage Road at Goolwa, maybe only operating in the warmer months.

Yeah, I was going to mention houseboats - don't need any special licence for those. Couple of years ago there was a jetski hire place at Largs Bay (a few parked up on the sand with a big sign). Don't know if they still operate from there.

Jim