Calling any Telecomms/ICT engineers/technicians for some advice

Guest markwebsteruk

Guest markwebsteruk

My family and I will be moving to Adelaide in September 2013 on a 176 Visa so I thought now was a good time to polish up any skills or qualifications I may need to work in Oz.

Briefly I am originally a Telecomms technician by trade with over 20 years experience and am currently at the middle management level in the RAF. In recent years my trade has become more IT focussed and in fact I am officially at present an ICT Technician, but I do have a good grounding in both.

Without going into to much detail at this point, I wonder if anyone out there has gone to Oz as a similar trade and encountered any difficulties transferring their skills into the Oz market. At least if this is the case I have some time to sort something out before I arrive next year.

Any reply will be gratefully received

Mark Webster