Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brigitte-SH

Fromage frais!

Guest Brigitte-SH

Hi. We know this is a strange question but does anyone know if you can get fromage frais here? My 3 year old refuses yogurts (although I've struggled to find gelatine free healthy options of those too), so was wondering if any one could help. Thank you

I found these to be close enough. Our son also ate some squeezy things but I try to avoid those usually as I like him to eat his food from a bowl or plate when at home. You could probably just start trying these and persisting. Eventually your LO would either take to them or not. And may even grow to like yogurt and stuff also.

http://www.yoplait.com.au/multipacks.aspx?b=1049&id=1094

Have a look at their range

http://www.yoplait.com.au/products/

I don't recall the petit filou type things being on sale but there were some alternatives. Our son doesn't mind plain yogurt so it wasn't a biggie for us. Personally I don't like the UK petit filou fromage frais pots as they are full of sugar.

If you don't want gelatine you may be a bit stuck with choice but hopefully someone can give you some suggestions :)

Edited by snifter

Guest Sachertorte

You can make your own thick set yoghurt really easily. You need some starter culture, a thermometer, an Easy-Yo container and milk powder from the supermarket.

If you are interested in the method, just let me know.

Guest Brigitte-SH

Thank you I'm looking into Jalna and the other suggestions. Generally think the idea of him eating yogurt instead is a good way forward, so a recipie would be welcome and I best go and find a yogurt maker. He has had yogurt before but always prefered fromage frais hence the question. Thank you will keep you posted!

Guest PaulandVicky

Please, please help......Since June 2012 has anyone been able to locate or found anywhere that sells low fat fromage frais?..