Guest matt n mel

It's oh so real!!! Eeeek!!

Guest matt n mel

Okay, so it's just hit me.

Last day at work today, flying to Adelaide in 5 days.

40 kilos barely covers my make up bag.

So much time, so little to do (strike that- reverse it!)

Looking forward to meeting some of you over the coming months :wink:

Gonna enjoy my last summer weekend in the UK, by donning my wellies and dashing around like a lunatic saying my ta-ras to my friends and family.

Thanks to PIA for being there- been amazing so far- hope to pay it forward one day

xx

Guest DaveF

Me too. I finished work today, and fly out on Thursday. Probably a bit different for me as I was born and bred in Adelaide. But I've been in the UK since 1999, so it's still a big move. Hope all goes well for you.

Coincidence you're from south yorkshire too. Where abouts?

You must be so excited - safe journey and enjoy the adventure - can't wait for our turn in September.

X

Guest Katangel
    Me too. I finished work today, and fly out on Thursday. Probably a bit different for me as I was born and bred in Adelaide. But I've been in the UK since 1999, so it's still a big move. Hope all goes well for you.

i'll be heading back home to adelaide too but not til next year. can i ask why you are heading back? good luck!!

Good luck with your journey,but fetch your wellies with you hasn't stopped raining for days, great to hear more Yorkshire folk moving over

It hasn't stopped raining here for days either so those of us moving over now should feel right at home with the weather. It's probably as cold here at the moment as well, although at least we have insulation and central heating.

i'll be heading back home to adelaide too but not til next year. can i ask why you are heading back? good luck!!

He's moving back because his wife (me) has finally agreed to! We've talked about it for years but I've only just felt ready to go recently.

He's moving back because his wife (me) has finally agreed to! We've talked about it for years but I've only just felt ready to go recently.

Same for me! I'm from Port Noarlunga and have been in the UK for 34 years and have now persuaded the OH to move over to Oz. we nearly went in 2004 but the time wasn't right. Once the bloomin' house sells we'll be on our way 😃😃

Guest matt n mel

From (not so sunny) Donny! Did work in Rotherham for couple of years though

Guest Katangel

OH moved to oz in 2000 which is when we met but after 10 years in Adelaide he wanted to go home and i gave in and we moved to the UK. He.s realised now that the UK isn't what he thought it was going to be and we miss Adelaide heaps so we are moving back but have lots of saving to do first!