coolerking

Laminate Flooring - Doorway Piece

Hi all,

I've been laying laminate floor in two rooms and I have to 'join' up to some old laminate, in a doorway. Now, I am after a 'T' piece where the base and top are separate - the base being screwed/glued to the floor and the top pushed on after the floor is all in. I have looked in loads of flooring shops and Bunnings (Noarlunga) and not found any. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers,

Cooler

if its the plastic / rubber strip on the top and metal Chanel on the bottom you are after they do sell it in bunnings the top part is on a roll and you get them to cut off what you need its beside all the carpet trim etc.The metal chanel is standing up.

if its the plastic / rubber strip on the top and metal Chanel on the bottom you are after they do sell it in bunnings the top part is on a roll and you get them to cut off what you need its beside all the carpet trim etc.The metal chanel is standing up.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for metal on top. But, if I don't find any, then that may have to do.

Cheers,

Cooler

I have not seen metal type here. but have seen ones that you lay first and slide the flooring into,

You can get them from premium floors on williams street in beverley, they dont usualy deal with the public but if you go in tell them I have sent you (my name is Martin Roantree)

Thanks guys, got some time off coming so will sort it then.

One other quick question, have any of you ever put a heavy piano on laminate. Everyone reckons it will be fine but I am thinking of cutting a board to put underneath to spread the load.

Cheers,

Cooler

Be fine if it's good laminate, most will bear the load tho

Ah, good. If it will cope with it, then it should be ok when my MIL comes at Christmas :)

Cheers,

Cooler