Sign in to follow this  
Guest barmyarmy

self employment

Guest barmyarmy

was wondering how u go about being self employed in adelaide,i have read u have to be in oz 12 months b4 u can. is this right n does anyone know of any other rules or conditions that may slow or hinder this line of work:)

Guest graandjac

:skeptical:HI Not sure about the 12 month thing , maybe thats if you are on a certain visa ie....temporary, i guess it depends in what way you are self employed, i know that if you want to be self employed as a tradesman you will need a licence to operate , which depends on your trade as to how hard it is to obtain. What selfemployment were you looking at.....? Cheers Graham

Guest soggy

hi,

I am on a sir 495, and to get pr have to work for 12 months either employed or self employed, im sure it would not state this if you could not become self employed for 12 months.

Simon

Guest ozzy wannabe

hi there

on the 495 visa you have to be able to prove that you have worked in your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation on the SOL for a minimum of 12 monthes. as for self employment you have to be employed for a period of time before you can run your own firm and I have a feeling that it is for a minimum of 12 monthes but PLEASE dont quote me on this!)

from hunting aroundon the net, i think you can work as a contractor and still be ok to satisfy the visa requirements

hope this helps

joe

Guest soggy
    hi there

on the 495 visa you have to be able to prove that you have worked in your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation on the SOL for a minimum of 12 monthes. as for self employment you have to be employed for a period of time before you can run your own firm and I have a feeling that it is for a minimum of 12 monthes but PLEASE dont quote me on this!)

from hunting aroundon the net, i think you can work as a contractor and still be ok to satisfy the visa requirements#

I am quite sure on the 495 you can start your own business from day one, there are people on this forum who have and hopefully they will confirm this later, if your work needs a licence then it will take more time maybe a year to get one. Im sure your right about needing to work for 12 months in your trade or closely related one this is so you can apply for a pr visa after 2 years, regulations are always changing so allways good to keep up to date.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

I am on an SIR495 visa and my husband and I both set up registered businesses within a few weeks of being here :cute:

Easy enough to do and you are able to use self employment as your entitlement for work so long as you can prove hours worked.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest barmyarmy

my trade is wall & floor tiling,but i used to do all types of home improvement,kitchens,doors flooring n decking n am also thinking of trying the decking side along tiling as av been told a fair few people looking for decking with screwed timber as apposed to nail gun & this is how i used to build decking .tiling is what ive done solely for the past 6 years though:v_SPIN: