VdMfamily

Tax return/tax advisor

Evening all

We arrived here in March so are new to all of this.

I need to know, hubs works full time and has fringe tax benefits IE Novated Lease as part of his contract.

Do we need to do a tax return, if so do we need a tax advisor? Employer isn't overly helpful in this department and we need to get osrted, can anyone please help??

I'd say it's definitely worth getting one - there are so many things you can claim for here that you can't in the UK, and little things an expert knows about... it's money well spent.

Guest tinkham_lee

we use H&R Block at Seaford, they have offices all over SA. They have always been very good, and helped us get the biggest refund possible.

lisa the ones in the village where done our 1st year tax returns then we had someone come to us last year Ian hunter was about $70 and we got a free pen woo hoo!! going to do it myself this year eeekkkk!!

I have a friend who does this, and she did an AMAZING job for our tax return, and the little spot of bother we experienced this year going back to when we brought our house money over... silly tax issue but serious if we hadn't had her help. She came to our house, did an amazing job on the 2 issues and it has cost us far less than the money she has actually got us refunded for this year. Plus she spotted interest we could claim back that we have missed in previous years. So if you want my friend's number and details, please send me a message.

Doug Booth at Southern Taxation Services (Christies Beach) has done ours for the last two years and has done a great job. I hardly paid anything last year. He came highly recommended by Tyke, and others from this site. I'll be going to see him again shortly....