Guest tom n marie

Finally here 2 days in

Guest tom n marie

Just wondering, I am about to sort my white card, working at heights out and just need a little help regarding applying for work in adelaide once i have my cards to go with AQFIII & IPAF.

So anyone know of any roofing companies (metal roof plumber) also need a cheap runaround any ideas (looked in papers/online) but don`t want to be ripped off.

We have sorted out tfn,banks,medicare and are going to sort ambulance cover out while we are looking for rentals if any one can think of anything we may of missed as all abit fuzz at mo

Don`t think we can do centrelink for help with child costs as we`re on a ss 176 visa

Any advice appreciated

CHeERS IN ADVANCE PIA :confused::confused:

Guest moonraker1959

Hi,and welcome to Adelaide!Sorry can't help with roofing companies,apart from ringing them directly out the phone book and asking!Re the cheap runaround.Have you looked at Gumtree Adelaide online?I guess the only drawback from buying privately is there is no warranty.There are however plenty of used car yards around.There is also the for sale section on this forum as well.Sounds like you're getting pretty organised.Good luck and best wishes for a happy future!

Guest Helchops

You're eligible for the "Family Assistance" element of CentreLink benefits - I don't know much about it, but I know it includes help with Childcare, Family benefit Part A and B and some Rent Assistance depending on your Childcare arrangements and Salary.

I an not sure what the AQFIII is but the IPAF does not mean anything here sorry to say.

You will have to do a working at heights card once you get here.

There are different sections to the card.

Civil Train is one of the major players in this sort of ting but just type "working at heights Adelaide" in to google.

Rob and Mel

Guest tom n marie

thank you soo much for your help, will check that website out,

Hi - sorry to seem a bit dim but what is the 'tfn' you refer to? Coming out in September and don't want to miss it if it's important.

Thanks

H

Guest weelou

Hi You will defo get centerlink "family assist "as we are over here on a SS 176 and we get it, we have 4 kids hope this helps the sooner you apply the better as it takes months to sort out but you get it back dated...Louise

Guest vikkiann
    Hi - sorry to seem a bit dim but what is the 'tfn' you refer to? Coming out in September and don't want to miss it if it's important.

Thanks

H

TFN is tax file number

Guest tom n marie

Hi sorry for late reply but we`ve been busy as you can imagine trying to secure a rental, The tfn is tax file number as vikkiann says, you will need this before you can start working or anything else. Its easy to do just do online and you will recieve it within 28 days our`s only took 6-7 days.

Thank again ppl