thefrnd

Queries to Start IT career in Adelaide

Hi All,

I am moving to Adelaide on 28th of July. I am on 475 with ICT skill, Analyst Programmer.

Starting this thread to discuss some of my queries and things that I'll face to start my career there.

Things I have in my mind now :

1. How is the scopes for IT guys (specially Analyst Programmers or Software Developer) in there, now ?

2. What is the average salary for each of the level of positions for IT people in SA ?

3. If I do freelancing (jobs online) and do some odd jobs - summing up total of 60hr/week - will it help getting my PR later ?

Please help me with any suggestions to start my career there.

Thanks in advance.

I was expecting some cool suggestions !! as I was getting on other threads !! Isn't there any IT guys moving there ? Anything from your research ?

Thanks a lot, ozdreamsa. I did see the listing from the peoplebank but was looking for someone to share personal experience. Wish you best of luck,anyway :) BTW, may I ask, which skill you are looking for the opportunity with ?

Thanks again.

Guest PhilC

The big IT centres in Australia are Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Compared with those places, there's not much in the way of software development work in Adelaide. You'll find something, but it may not be ideal.

Talk to the agencies (Candle, Hays etc) and look on http://www.seek.com.au for more info. http://www.seek.com.au will give you an idea of how much work there is and what you're likely to get paid in Adelaide.

Guest Shanners

Hi

There is a salary guide on the Hays website which will give you a good idea of the salary to expect (Not just for IT work).

Cheers

Chris