Guest rockola57

The Heat in Adelaide

Guest rockola57

Hi,Billy and Sue here.We are still on course for our arrival in Adelaide pending Sues applications to the Hospitals there.Now the one thing that concerns me more than a tad,coming from the north of England,is how we will ,with our family, be able to cope with the heat.Has anyone found it unbearably oppresive,were it has become a real issue since arriving in Adelaide.

Guest Libby1971

It is a different heat to the uk.

It gets hot and dry, very hot. If in doubt, you stay inside, pref with air con/ fans on. Do not think that it will be cooler in abreeze as the sun will get you if the heat doesn't.

We del came in autumn so we could acclimatise and it helped. Not fun doing 2 winters but it has helped us to cope, I think.

Libby

It's funny, you don't realise you've acclimatised to the heat until the temperature drops to 25 degrees and you're shivering!!! Having said that, it hit 42 degrees on New Years Eve and that was tooooo much!:swoon: Generally speaking Adelaide seems to have a lovely climate, high 20's to mid 30's - luverly!:jiggy:

Guest Kiki
    Hi,Billy and Sue here.We are still on course for our arrival in Adelaide pending Sues applications to the Hospitals there.Now the one thing that concerns me more than a tad,coming from the north of England,is how we will ,with our family, be able to cope with the heat.Has anyone found it unbearably oppresive,were it has become a real issue since arriving in Adelaide.

Hi there Rockola,

Can't tell you anything about the heat as won't be experiencing it till our visit in March. However we too from from The North East of England, and its bl==dy freezing at minute. A little heat wouldnt go a miss rright about now.

Good luck with your application

Kimberley

Guest stufi1997
    Cold and wet here today! Bloody lovely!

:wideeyed: OH well, just like being at home then..!!!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

Very odd weather here - yesterday 38 and sunny while today is cloudy, wet and a high of 22 :shocked:

I have been quite surprised by the weather here as not quite what I thought it would be but definitely better than the UK :jiggy:

Lisa:cute:

Guest Django

Well its got to be better than here. We had a frost yesterday morning and it is still here. Never heard the crunch of the frosted grass underfoot before when I've picked up the kids from school.

Damn cold. Bring on the heat I say bring it on.

Pete

ps - you watch. When I get out there I will be posting that it is too hot. :biglaugh:

Guest barmyarmy

we are also from ne (sunderland) n my wife also a nurse but we not started application yet doing loads of homework first on work, schools housing,taxes,n,pay loads to find out but really wanna get started ,goodluck with your own adventure n will lookout to see what u up to:)