Guest Hawk

Police checks

Guest Hawk

Hi all, my family and I are in the process of immigration to Adelaide, just at the last part now as we have been granted state sponsorship. My question is in relation to the police check, we live in Scotland, does anyone have any experience in what will be required. Nothing to hide, I am just wondering how far it goes back..

Many thanks

Just thought I would bump this up for you as I'm not really sure. Don't think they look for anything specific just make sure your not an axe murder.

Guest Kadphises
    Hi all, my family and I are in the process of immigration to Adelaide, just at the last part now as we have been granted state sponsorship. My question is in relation to the police check, we live in Scotland, does anyone have any experience in what will be required. Nothing to hide, I am just wondering how far it goes back..

Many thanks

Hi! All you need is a police clearance certificate, in England this is issued by the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx I think it is the same for Scotland, but am not sure - best give them a ring, they are friendly and helpful. You might also need a Disclosure on top of this, i.e. both the Police Certificate and the Disclosure.

The ACPO forms require you to fill in all your addresses in the UK ever. If you do not know the exact address just fill in a street name and as much info as you still can recall.

Hope this helps.

Guest lebour

In Scotland you also need the ACRO certificate - ticking the box that you live in Scotland. You require a certified photo from someone in a specific profession, copy of passport and 2 copies of proof of address, and £35 cheque

Ours took just over 1 week to come back, my OH came back 2 days before mine.

You don not need Disclosure Scotland - which is mainly for applying for jobs working with children - not emigrating.