Jay & Lou

TPG internet?

Guest Katangel

we had tpg for a few years before coming to the uk in 2010 and never had any problems. we'll be looking to join up with them again when we return next year and bundle it with the house and mobile phones :-)

I use TPG at home and have had no trouble at all with their service. I live fairly close to the city so I think location might make a difference but I recall having to give them our home number for them to check whether it was going to work ok.

I have three Adam accounts that have been in the houses for a few years and I havn't had a any problems.

I also have Telstra ADSL2+ and this has also been good.

The Telstra account is coming up for renewal in a few months and I have been asking about TPG. They offer ublimited upload and download without a cap. The Adam and Telstra accounts have a cap after which you are slowed down to dialup speed unless you buy another block of download etc.

According to my son (IT...networking) the only downside to the TPG is the connection speed so I am still unsure whether to change to them.

What would you prefer:

1) A faster internet speed

2) unlimited usage ???

Tamara

We have just got Telstra Ultimate Cable broadband, and although Telstra couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery, the broadband speed is amazing. I measured it at 92mbps the other day (our Optus adsl averaged 4.7 mpbs). Not many streets in Adelaide have the super fast cable though, but if you are lucky enough it is certainly very fast.