Sign in to follow this  
Guest joy and terry

retirement

Guest joy and terry

Hi There

My daughter is already in adelaide I'm thinking of retiring there, anyone on this site could give me any information on this subjest would be greatfully recieved.

thanks in advanced

Joy

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Don't have the answers!! But just wanted to say hi & welcome to PIA!!

Guest Django

Hi Joy and Terry,

Welcome to PIA.

There are a few options depending on your circumstance.

The first is the investment visa (subclass 405). Click on this link for details. http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/special-activity/405/index.htm

How long has your daughter been there? Has she got a permanant visa or maybe an Australian citizen if so they can sponser you to come over. This Visa is subclass 103 http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/103/index.htm

There is also Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143) http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/143/index.htm and Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/173/index.htm. Although this second option is tempory it can be renewed from within to either another temporary one Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884) http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/884/index.htm or a permanant one Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) visa (subclass 864) http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/864/index.htm

Hope this helps

Pete

Guest joy and terry

Hi Pete

:o

Thanks for all the information you have sent it was very informative my daughter is waiting for her perminant visa which should arrive any time. We are going to Adelaide in January, hoping to find out more about going out there also the social lives of the active retired. Thanks again your help is much appreciate.

Yours sincely Joy

Guest joy and terry

Hi Lousiesmum

It was nice to hear from you, please keep in touch. I have received lots of information but its nice to talk to different people. How long have you been in adelaide? What do you like best about being the other side of the world. Joy

Guest louiesmum
    Hi Lousiesmum

It was nice to hear from you, please keep in touch. I have received lots of information but its nice to talk to different people. How long have you been in adelaide? What do you like best about being the other side of the world. Joy

Hi Joy & terry!

Unfortunately we are not there yet!! We have visas just waiting on house sale, we had some promising news today but don't want to say too much in case I jinx it!! Never was majorly superstisious (cant spell sorry!!) until all this, I've crossed my fingers & everything else so many times I'm in knots!!!:wacko: Good Luck :wubclub:

Guest mOZzy

hello joy and terry and welcome!

pete has sorted you with lots to read already i see!

can't add anything really myself anyways :jiggy:

just saying hello for now!

Guest caoimhe

Hi Joy

Hope you enjoy the site and your retirement

Good luck with the visa

Guest joy and terry
    hello joy and terry and welcome!

pete has sorted you with lots to read already i see!

can't add anything really myself anyways :jiggy:

just saying hello for now!

Hi Mozzy

It was nice to hear from you. It has been hectic here as my daughter is back in the UK getting some of her belongings shipped out, she has only been in adelaide six months but cant wait to get back on Thursday. Keep in touch Joy

Guest joy and terry

Hi Caoimhe

Thanks for your message. What a good looking family, 4 boys to spoil you later on. I have 3 daughters, 7 grandaughters, 2 grandsons, 2 great grandsons. I am still working at the moment but looking at my options for the furture. Joy

Guest Django

Keep us updated in all you are doing Joy as Tracey's mum may well follow us out to Oz so it'll be good for us to see what visa you decide on and how you get on with it.

Pete

Guest joy and terry

Hi Michele

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let me know as soon as you hear and I will toast your good luck with a glass of wine. Joy

Guest joy and terry

Hi Pete

I am still working at the moment but not for long I hope! I am looking at all my options and as the sun seems to make people happier I would like to spend the rest of my time on earth surounded by happy people. Joy

Guest Racht70
    Hi Pete

I am still working at the moment but not for long I hope! I am looking at all my options and as the sun seems to make people happier I would like to spend the rest of my time on earth surounded by happy people. Joy

What a lovely post, me too i want to be surrounding by happy poeple too, welcome by the way, im a newbie here too.:cute: