Rich & Chit

Activate Windows request

I ve had a request to activate windows, is this for real? We've had windows for ever and loaded Office Home and Student 2010 a few months ago no probs so why do i get this request now ?? Anybody had similar requests?

Try taking a screenshot and posting, should be able to let you know if it looks genuine or not. What Operating System are you using?

we're on Window XP . Tried to log onto computer this am wouldn't let me until i had followed the prompts to Activate Windows. Phoned a service center they gave me a 42 digit code and that was it. Seems OK for now

Good stuff. Can't tell you how many times i've had to call them in the past (I work in IT) It may have happened after a windows update was installed. You should be ok now.

Haven't made any updates for a few months, loaded new software again a few months ago. This came through with a count down to activate or windows would be blocked (which is eventually what happen), 3 days i think it was. Only thing i can think of is maybe i didn't activate the Office Home & Student 2010 when i loaded it a few months ago.