Guest nancy

Expression of Interest - any advice?

Guest nancy

Hi All

Have been looking into this visa process for a good six months now, I was initally going for the 176 state sponsored to Adelaide but just as I had completed IELTs and a skills assessment my occupation (primary teacher) came off the list - aggghhh. So now the new rules are in force, I'm back on the list, but its a whole new system. I am now applying for a 190 and meet all the criteria.

If anyone knows about writing an expression of interest, models, examples websites etc I'd be very grateful or even if you have written one that i can look at as I don't really know where to start?

Many thanks

Nancy

Hi Nancy I am in exactly the same situation as you. Primary teachers did go down to special conditions but didn't know it had completely been taken off for this year. Where did you find this info as I have found the new schedule 2 list and teachers are on there but I don't know how to go about finding which states are still sponsoring teachers.

In regards to the 190 visa I am under the impression you apply to a state to sponsor you but you don't have to live there. Also I believe you give and EOI and then when you get a sponsor you get taken out of the pool.

If you find any info can you keep me updated and I shall don the same for you. It's not easy process but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Kathy

Guest nancy

Hiya Kathy

It's only SA i've looked into and back in April we went to special conditions, we are now back on the 2012/2013 list but we have to do an expression of interest which is what I need help with. I need state sponsorship as primary teachers are not on the SOL list.......this site helped a while ago but haven't checked it recently - it might help unless info is old? http://www.visabureau.com/australia/state-migration-plans.aspx

You do have to commit to two years mostly but I don't know how stringent this is.

This is the SA info

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp#Number_11

I don't think we're on the list for WA

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/HowtoapplyforStateSponsorship.aspx

Not sure about the other states. Good luck let me know how u get on!

Nancy

Hi Nancy

Like you we wish for SA. In regards to EOI I have n agent who will hopefully help me with that as soon as we start the process I shall let you know. Like you I will be looking for a primary position I have heard lots of contradicting info some saying not much work others saying it's who you know not what you know. Do you have a clearer idea. Think it will be a case of supply first and then looking. Do you know of any agencies I have only found the main one I know there are tests to sit aswell. O much to do.

Nice to have someone in the same boat to talk to. There are three if us my other half Simon and four year old daughter. We have been looking at halett cove what bout you

Kathy

Guest chrisandcord

HI there guys, My wife and I were in the same situation, went to special conditions just as we had got out IELTS and skills assessed! We have now logged our EOI on 4/7, its quite a simple document only about 13 pages. Theres no option of making your EOI stand out it just asks for your information that will get you the points and it point out the total of points you get at the end from the information you have provided. We are just waiting for the 'invitation' to apply now!!

Before you start you have to have your positive skills assessment and ILETS if necessary. You need to fill out the EOI, you are then issued with a reference number which you need to apply for state sponsorship. You get this number right away so providing you fit the profile for the EOI (in which you have to put your choice of destination as SA only if thats where you want to be) you then have to fill the state sponsorship application in, (your occupation has to be on their list obviously), You then wait for their acceptance, if positive you will receive an invite from DIAC to apply for a visa, you then have to provide positive police checks, medicals etc. You will find you get your visa much quicker if you have state sponsorship rather than going as independent !!

Good luck you lot.

Guest chrisandcord

Thanks for this pommyspark we though we had to wait to apply for state sponsorship until we got a response from diac. Didn't realise that was just for the main visa! Will get the state sponsorship form done today in that case! Thanks again.