Guest mcgartland

Doing a tax return from uk.

Guest mcgartland

I was in Adelaide for around 6 months working on a holiday visa. Im now back in the uk. I was advised to do a tax return. I can't download etax as I use an apple mac, what s the other/easiest option to do a tax return? Thanks..

Guest lebour

Is your AUs bank account still active?? If not it is not worth doing as you wont be able to get the money if you are due a refund.

Guest mcgartland

Yeah it is still active. Btw, why would it not be if it wasn't? (curious)

Guest mcgartland

I was thinking of using one of hem companies but heard it as handy to do it ur self.. Anyone a link to forms I need to fill out or recommend any other company's that do it?

Guest lebour

Your refund will need to be paid in to an Aus account, the banks close them down after you leave the country, and not been used for a period of time. Refunds need to be paid in to an Aus account.

It is easy to do it yourself.

Guest mcgartland
    Your refund will need to be paid in to an Aus account, the banks close them down after you leave the country, and not been used for a period of time. Refunds need to be paid in to an Aus account.

It is easy to do it yourself.

I still have a NAB account with a few dollars still in it, and I log into it every few weeks to keep in active. Have you any ideas on how to lodge a tax return from here myself??