Hello fellow Poms !

Guest Tara

Guest Tara

Hi everybody

my name is Tara, I arrive in Adelaide on monday morning !

I'm on my own, over 30 and I'm sure will have a million questions for you.

The first one is, how do you get from Glenelg to Noarlunga without a car ?

And more importantly where do you get a good cup of tea ?!!

Hi everybody

my name is Tara, I arrive in Adelaide on monday morning !

I'm on my own, over 30 and I'm sure will have a million questions for you.

The first one is, how do you get from Glenelg to Noarlunga without a car ?

And more importantly where do you get a good cup of tea ?!!

Hi Tara and welcome

Ask away - we'll try to answer your questions

Brighton to Noarlunga probably by train and Glenelg to Brighton???? bus? check out the Metro site for routes and timetables http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes

Tea? They seem to prefer coffee out here but you can get Tetly tea bags - sadly the water tastes very different and a good cup of tea is hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chooklady

How has your first week been?

Hope it's not too overwhelming. Some supermarkets sell PG Tips now, but there about $5.50 per box of 40.....Ouch!

Let us know if you need any help with anything.

Good Luck!

hey im 29 welsh girl on my own too free to give me a buzz when you arrive 0401900171 xx

More welsh!! There is a few more of us in glenelg, I'm 29 yr old welsh boy from Barry, come on my own but currently sharing with another welsh girl. Give us a shout if you want to hook up. Good luck, when did you arrive, where you living??

Danny :-)

Guest matt n mel

Hi Tara,

Boy do i love a good cuppa char. Have to say it's more coffee orientated here- mind you coffee is loads better than at home, so either is good.

Anyway, I'm 35, no kids, on my own too (until OH moves over next year) and living in North Haven.

I'd like to meet up if you want some company, although wouldn't be able to give you much advice as I've only been out here 2 weeks, so still a real freshie.

How about a cuppa and a gossip?

Mel

x

Guest chooklady

Try the t-bar they do loose leaf tea and lots and lots of different varieties. I don't think there is one in Glenelg, but there is a t-bar in central markets and in Adelaide Plaza in the mall.

Central markets early on a saturday morning is nice, busy but lots of atmosphere.