Guest La1ney

Collecting dogs from Melbourne

Guest La1ney

Ok, dogs are sorted uk to Melbourne quarantine. Next thing is collecting them. Can anyone advise us on what they did, drive to collect them or use another pet transport company. If used pet transport rough costs and who they used, Thanks

Guest Guest5035

i would fly them over from melb, or you fly there with a container, they fly back with you as normal luggage no cost i believe.

stevo

We went directly to Spotswood to pick up my cat, paid the bill, gathered her things and we drove back to Adelaide. However, we broke up the return trip by staying at a pet-friendly cottage in the Otway Ranges for 3 days. It gave everyone some time to reacquaint and relax.

The staff at Spotswood doted on her (and all the other boarders), the overall set-up is impeccable and there is no need for anyone to worry one iota about the quality of care at this facility.

Edited by emmie

Guest Dazzlin

We used Dogtainers as well, except we had them deliver our cat to us rather than collecting her from the airport. We obviously paid more for this extra (don't remember exact price) so up to you. Regardless, an excellent service and our cat arrived exactly when they said she would.

Daren

Good thread. We are faced with the same question for our 2 dogs. We have even considered flying to Melbourne, hiring a car and driving back. We just want to avoid the stress of another plane journey. Plus my sister is in Melbourne so we could do a weekend visit.