Guest nancy

hints and tips for sponsorship personal statement

Guest nancy

Hi All

So i´ve done IELTs and skills test so now onto the personal statement for the state sponsorship. Anybody got any hints and tips - don´t know where to start!!

All help very gratefully received!

Nancy

Guest Dazzlin

Hi Nancy,

Difficult to predict what they're looking for but I tried to demonstrate that I knew SA and therefore what I would be letting myself in for (in terms of the cost of living, employment opportunities, culture, etc.) and why I wanted to move to SA in particular compared to other parts of Oz.

If you have been to SA before then I would emphasise that (I included a couple of photos of our kids enjoying different parts of Adelaide!).

One suggestion: focus on the positives of living and working in SA rather than the negatives of staying in the UK (too easy to go off on a rant).

Good luck!

Daren

Hi Nancy

I can email you the one we did when we applied for our visa. It may be quite out of date to what they ask now but hopefully it can help you start we've also got three kids so they were included in the statement. I've emailed it to other applicants from this site who said it was useful.

Good luck!

Guest nancy

sounds great! That would be really helpful - can you send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Many thanks Nancy

Edited by Diane
    Removed email address - please exchange this info via PM Thanks :-)

Hi Nancy

Thanks for the PM I've just sent it through by email. Good luck with your application.

Laurie