Sign in to follow this  
Guest ROBERT

Adelaide or Perth

Guest ROBERT

Hi, we are new to all this but any help or advice appreciated.My wife and two children are in the process of emigration, i will be classed as CNC machinist on a skilled visa and we like the sound of Adelaide. Strangely enough we have been to all the other big cities apart from Adelaide but we hear it is a quieter place and a great place to bring up kids.By the way they are 3 and 3 months so no sleep.hope to hear soon

Guest jen&ian

Hi Robert,

Just thought I'd say hi and welcome. We were all set to go to Perth a year ago but during the 6 months our process was delayed (By the arrival of our third child :shock: ) the house prices in Perth went through the roof, suddenly Adelaide started looking alot more attractive, and we haven't looked back since. We will be out there in October.

Good luck :D

Jen & Ian

Guest lazymazy

hi, we were all set on perth upon till jan when we started watching the bbc's downunder. although perth looks ab fab and there is work everywhere and the money is better etc etc...the house prices have gone through the roof. we would like to have no mortgage or very little and perth couldn't offer us that so we totally had a rethink and looked at other places in au. we did a lot of comparisons with cities across au and found for us that adelaide was by far the best. but it's all down to personal choice and whats best for your family, and anyway if you are prepared to move half way round the world then if you get it wrong with perth/adelaide a few more miles east/west aint gonna make much difference

good luck :lol:

Guest dglamoore

Hello and welcome :lol:

Not been to OZ (til next month, yay) so can't help with the Perth or Adelaide question but Adelaide seems very family orientated and cost of living lower :lol:

Lisa

Funnily, my OH wanted to migrate 4 years ago.....if only I listened then but with 2 boys aged 6 & 2, it really was the furthest thing from my mind. I know how you feel, neither of my boys slept until they turned 4yrs, in fact my youngest was in our bed up until he was 4 BUT you will be glad to know its not FOREVER, they are both 6 & 10, bright, wonderful, happy kids .............not sure about mum & dad though..........who now both sleep 'ok' well in their own beds............. :)

We are waiting for the SIR495 & funnily enough we fancied either EA Brisbane or WA Perth, but I have to say EA is lovely, we visited last yr but its humid & boy gets hot, so I think WA could be even hotter :oops:

Did tons of research & opted for SA, have to say it now appeals to me more than anywhere else we did think 8)

Hoping to be out later this year

Good luck

Angela

Guest paula

I have to agree with your decision choosing Adelaide over Perth as regards house prices. Cost of living might be slightly lower too.

But as for weather when Perth gets 40c degrees Adelaide usually gets it 3 days later. So, not much difference really. Perth has really lovely winters. Adelaide can be cold. Certainly we don't get the humidity of Brisbane!

Paula

Guest ROBERT

Thanks for all your replies, we don`t feel as daunted by it all now,Strange that most of us seem to come from the same areas, we are from Derby.We have all the trade stuff back, now we are looking to sell up whilst the visa is processed.

We have both been to Aus before and visited Perth,Sydney,Cairns,Melbourne,and Brisbane but we are hoping for a slower pace of life and that is why SA appealed to us.Would appreciate any info on work out there in manufacturing industry.Metal machinist is on trades in demand but not sure how SA stands as regards how much industry there is.

Talk soon