How does Real Estate investment work?

Guest Michael Earl

Guest Michael Earl

Hi all,

Can anyone explain how real estate investment work. Name some investment you can make money of. Finally what is the process of foreclosure steps to make money and how does work. I appreciate your help!

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

I suggest when you get to Adelaide, you go to one of the real estate investment seminars that many companies run (Ironfish is one that springs to mind - I've not been, just heard their ads). I am not sure how much you caan invest while you are still in India - the Foreign Investment Review Board would no doubt have to get involved.

Ironfish are due to be holding a seminar at the National Wine center in Adelaide on the 21st July. They have speakers from around the world including Professor Graham Hugo ( University of Adelaide) on "How Demographic Trends effect housing". Joseph Chou (Ironfish CEO) on "The Investor Mindset".

Grant Ryan (Ironfish Research Director) on "Australian Capital City Property Market Update". Nathan Frost (BMT) on Tax Depreciation and Andrew Andreyev (Andreyev Doman) on "Co-Ownership Agreements"

The event runs from 12 noon to 4.30pm and is free. However you will need to register before 17th July to reserve a place if you are interested.

Reservations :-08 8110 9888

First of all, no one can tell you what to do with your money. That's financial advice, and we can't give it unless licensed.

I am going to be boring and say "Go to the library and read everything you can" on the subject, because some books are good, some are lousy. I would start with anything by Paul Clitheroe or Noel Whittaker. Go and have a look at the magazines like Australian Property Investor in the library as well. Your taxes pay for them, so you might as well use it !

Personally, I know of TAFE Sharemarket and Property Investing Courses that are run in Currie Street and the person who runs the property one certainly knows his stuff. Neither is cheap, but they are unbiased, independent and more importantly, they won't try to sell you anything or sign anything. Seminars may be all very well and good, but they are only a PART of your education, you cannot just go along and then "boom, you're an expert", otherwise everyone would be doing it.

If someone offers you "the secret" or a "foolproof" way to make money, ask yourself why ? Why would they not keep "the secret of how to make money" to themselves ? In short, there are NO short cuts, and despite what some books you read may tell you.

Ten years ago, any old yoyo could make money by buying a property in Australia, hold it and do nothing except maybe slap some paint on it. Ten years ago, you could have bought literally anything in the sharemarket from 2004 and watched it go up, but those days have gone. You have to be a lot smarter in these economic times.

Anyone who does try to pressure you to do anything, go anywhere to look at properties in a market you're not familiar with, offers a one-stop shop with everything done "in house" when they are on the selling side of the deal, you may just want to run very quickly in the opposite direction.

Educate yourself. It's a lot cheaper than making big mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pacinaross
First of all, no one can tell you what to do with your money. That's financial advice, and we can't give it unless licensed.

Anyone who does try to pressure you to do anything, go anywhere to look at properties in a market you're not familiar with, offers a one-stop shop with everything done "in house" when they are on the selling side of the deal, you may just want to run very quickly in the opposite direction.

Educate yourself. It's a lot cheaper than making big mistakes.

I also think it is a matter or knowledge, without it you must have Golden Luck!!

• 2 weeks later...