Guest Surinder

looking for motor mechanic job , are they easy to find in Adelaide?

Guest Surinder

hey guys i have just joined this site . I m indian guy moving from melbourne to adelaide in a couple of weeks . Just wanna know is its easy to find motor mechanic jobs in adelaide as i have done cert III & cert IV in automotive light vehicle and have more than one year of experience as mechanic , i was working here in melbourne but for the visa conditions moving to adelaide . can perform tasks like ..... major sevice, minor service , any type of mechanical repairs , replacing clutch , taking engine out , changing brakes , head gasket changing, replacing heads , changing timing belt with a bit of supervision etc........

cheers

Guest ebstar

Hi Surinder, There always seems to be a steady stream of jobs for mechanics and newly qualifieds here. I don't think you will have any probs getting work.If you know what area you are moving to,then maybe email your resume to local dealerships.That way you may get some interviews for your arrival. Good luck.

Guest Surinder

Thks for ur help mate ... I m not sure about which area of Adelaide I m coming but as soon aas I find out gonna do the same... Thks

but just wanna know something more is there any industrial area in Adelaide where more workshops are situated.

There are a couple of more industrial areas - Lonsdale is one in the south of Adelaide, and the other is along Grand Junction Road in the North. You could probably take a day driving along Grand Junction Road - start in somewhere like Port Adelaide and follow it East - and drop off resumes along the way anywhere you see that looks hopeful.

Guest Surinder

Thks for Helping me out guys ....before I was bit in doubt if I made a good or bad decision of moving to Adelaide .... But with ur answer feels bit alright .... Thks & have a great weekend ....cheers

Hi not been here for some as it drives me nuts...anyway I'm a mechanic for last 20yrs as for work i got job with-in a week of arriving in Adelaide,as for dealerships main north road is your best bet from nottage terrace and head up main north road. i used to work for main north renault and was a master tech before leaving to work at Adelaide airport as ground support mechanic i know someone on here will tell you differant at mechanics jobs.

Alex

Guest Surinder

Hi Alex thks for giving this important information to me this will surely help me in the start of search for mechanic job in Adelaide as I m coming in next Thursday ..... Just incase any of ur old dealership mates looking for mechanic I will be very happy to send them my resume .........

thks mate

cheers