brucesbabe

expat repatriation insurance

Hi,

I recently read that you could insure against incurring the costs of having to fly home to ill relatives. All my searching has only come up with policies to cover yourself against illness whilst travelling abroad. Any ideas anyone please ?

Cheers

Lisa

Guest maxLIFE

Hi brucesbabe,

checkout cormcvcr's thread in Money & Finance "Repatriation Insurance"

Great idea!

maxLIFE

Guest maxLIFE

I'm not up in all my insurance sub-clauses, I'm not an opera singer and can't sing a jingle but it mentions that "close relatives" have to be under 75 years. My understanding is your granny/granddad in the UK would need to be under 75 years at the time of the claim.... worth taking into account in case there are other emergency travel companies out there with an older age set for close relatives.

maxLIFE

I'm not up in all my insurance sub-clauses, I'm not an opera singer and can't sing a jingle but it mentions that "close relatives" have to be under 75 years. My understanding is your granny/granddad in the UK would need to be under 75 years at the time of the claim.... worth taking into account in case there are other emergency travel companies out there with an older age set for close relatives.

maxLIFE

Thanks Max, all the conditions are on the link provided. It would appear this company has the monopoly. I doubt a broker would be able to have an insurance company underwrite such a small and specific policy without significant additional costs.

With a little further research you may have found the following information on the Brt-Vic's forum:

If anyone fancies insuring against family in UK taking ill or worse then have a look at this site.

http://www.kinsure.co.uk/info/kinsure.asp?did=16

I have a friend who has just re insure for third year & he put me onto the site. I reckon it will take any worry about cost of flights & accommodation away if the worst ever happens.

If anyone does sign up please use the code 250000 when asked for & it will take 25% off the cost.

This is not spam I promise, I just thought it may be useful to some members

Guest maxLIFE

It's still a cracking deal if you have any rellies under 75 though, and 25% off means it would only be a couple of hundred bucks for the year.... a very good price for a big safety net!