Guest dempseys

flights????

Guest dempseys

hello anyone and everyone

could someone please give us some advice regarding which are the best airlines to fly with when flying with a 14month old baby! on a recent flight we were provided with a basinet which was way too small for our chunk and don't fancy having him sleeping on our laps again as he managed to kick my glass of red wine all over the man sitting next to me, would be great if he had somewhere to sleep so mum and dad can get some rest and drink wine in peace aswell!!, are we best booking a seat for him or are there any airlines that accomodate or provide any other seat/sleep facility??

thanx

macky and mark

Guest macu68

Hi Dempseys

Hope you had a great holiday. When I flew to Adelaide in 2005 i flew with Singapore Airlines, I booked via Jessica at Travelmood 0870 9903117. She was great as was Singapore Airlines, I would definately travel with them again. I pestered the life out of Jessica with stupid last minute questions and she was patient and helpful. Travelmood have a website now if you want to browse but I got a better service using the phone. Good luck, hope it all goes well. Are you ready to go now?

Guest lippy

Hi

know how you feel!! Our son was 18mths when we first flew with him - the airline kept upgrading us and tried their best to give us seats where there might be an empty one - that was United airlines - don't think I could have coped with him on my knee for 24hrs!! - it also meant we could stretch over the three seats. Several people had taken their car seats onboard and their child sat/slept in this - meant they had to book another seat but everyone I spoke to felt it was well worth it. Don't know how you go about taking your car seat on however - something else I must do!!

Hi we brought our car seat over when Oliver was 18months old - he would never have fit into a bassinett (future prop forward). It was excellent and although he didn't sleep much despite the medised, I would highly recommend it. I travelled on my own with him and had the pram, the car seat and him to deal with and the Singapore Airline staff couldn't do enough for him and me!!! Have travelled with them since (he's 3 now) and would recommend them!

Lindsey

Guest dempseys

hi mary, had a great holiday thanx ,was lovley getting getting abit of sunshine after the winter. mark has had job offer and want him to start april so basically as soon as we get visa we'll be off SCARY!!!!

seems like singapore airlines is the one to go with,just have to wait for visa now so we can book. did you go to the "meet up", if so how did it go, did you find it helpful, is your daughter more at ease about going now??

take care

macky

Guest macu68

Hi Macky and Family

Glad you had a nice holiday. We went to the meet up but got there a bit later than everyone else. It was nice to meet other people and ask them questions directly and see how they felt about the stage they were at, we are still at the beginning but getting there. All my paperwork is just about here so I need to get it together and get it over to Adelaide and register with NBSA. Eldest daughter (Kirsty) came to the meet up but sat and sulked/snarled virtually the whole time. I don't think that it is real enough for her yet, maybe once we have visa or are waiting to go would be better. Have had Entwistle round to put the house up for sale but they are so expensive!!! Have got one more company to contact about coming round to see what they will do for us, we are happy to rent for a while if we manage to sell quickly. We would be really fed up if we couldn't go because we were waiting for house to sell. Hoping for a meet up again soon, just need someone to organise it. Will you go if it is before you go? If there is no meet up we can all meet for a drink if you fancy it, just let me know.

Good luck with everything, hope you get your visa soon.

Guest dempseys

hi lindsey,

sorry got a question about car seats now, do you have to speak to the airline first and tell them you are travelling with a car seat? was your little'un ok staying in the car seat for most of the flight? on our recent flight aaron was in one of our seats and liked just sitting/standing there by himself so im thinking he wouldn't have that freedom if there was a car seat there, also if you have any connecting flights do you have to take the car seat with you onto the next flight?

thanx again

macky

Guest dempseys

hiya mary, sorry its taken a while for a reply but ive got a teething baby on my hands at the moment, which means i haven't had a minute to myself, so i'll mail you properly at the weekend when i get some time to myself, but we like the sound of meeting up for a drink and a chat, i'll let you know more at wknd.

take care macky