Hi Julia,

congrats on your visa! We had flights booked and I intended to arrive without a job and have a holiday. However I then saw a job before we left in my speciality so applied, interviewed by phone and got it, and started work ten days after getting here. (boo!) not sure if it helped that I was able to tell them when I was arriving? What are ou looking for, and where?

Gill x

Guest laura coldwell
    Hi Julia,

congrats on your visa! We had flights booked and I intended to arrive without a job and have a holiday. However I then saw a job before we left in my speciality so applied, interviewed by phone and got it, and started work ten days after getting here. (boo!) not sure if it helped that I was able to tell them when I was arriving? What are ou looking for, and where?

Gill x

Hi Gill,

I am hoping maybe you can help me. I am a RMN looking for a job in Adelaide however it is proving to be VERY difficult. Maybe you could advise me on where you applied?

Thank you :)

laura.

Guest Guest6899

Hiya, Cherrypeckers wife is a mental health nurse she maybe able to assist you..

Edited by Guest6899

Hi Gill,

I am hoping maybe you can help me. I am a RMN looking for a job in Adelaide however it is proving to be VERY difficult. Maybe you could advise me on where you applied?

laura.

Hi Laura,

im afraid I don't know much about mental health nursing! I got my job through the SA health website, but I know other people have had success just by contacting the nurse in charge of the area in which they are experienced.

Good luck

gill x

Guest beckeithking

Hi,

SA health seems to be the way to go.....but I decided to go visit some hospitals when I was in Adelaide last year. I am a midwife and didn't see a lot on the web. I contacted 6 hospitals (mixture of public and private) and met with their Midwives in charge or employment people. All were positive and suggested I contact them when I knew my leaving date. Lyle Mac offered me a job on the spot!!

I would suggest you look for a hospital that is similar to what you do now - help to integrate. Although a friend started a completely new area and loves it!!

Public hosp are more like the ones in the UK.

Have also worked for agencies in Adelaide 12 yrs ago - got loads of work and helped me work out what I wanted to do.

Good luck.

Bec x

Guest LauraD

Hi I had planned on getting a job soon after arrival but i keep my eye on the jobs from here in the uk. I will post my cv and see what happens. I am a qualified staff nurse too but in adult branch not MH.

Hi Laura,

There's a few RMN jobs on here today www.sahealthcareers.com.au

Hope this helps

Bev

Hi Gill,

laura.