We've bought a House.....online

Guest Kiki

Hi Guys,

We we have gone and done it. Bought our 1st property on Ozzie soil. Some might think we are mad :jiggy:but I had a burning desire to get on the property ladder. So our visa was granted in Dec and we started looking in January. things move really quick and things all been well the house will be ours the 7/3/08 and we will see our property for the first time when we visit 25/3/08.

Obviously we have seen it online.. and as others have done before us asked a trusty member of PIA ( Sarah aka likesshopping) to give it the once over. Sarah was fab and sent lots of pictures of the property and although I don't know Sarah (true) I did trust her judgement as she bought her house on line from the UK and her house was my first dream house when we searched the real estate by in June/July last year and remeber feeling really envious of the home she had bought. So thanks again Sarah for your valuable input. We are so excited but are not moving till Jan 09 so the house will be rented out until then.

i do have a question for home owners out there in Adelaide I need to sort out buildings insurance or should it be landlord insurance Help!!!!:embarrassed:Any tips would really be appreciated.

So house buying from blighty is still fresh (although Im knackered all those late nights) in my mind if you have any questions ask away.

Kimberley x:p

Hi Kimberley,

You must be so happy at having bought a house!! I must say its very brave to do it over the internet, although I have been on realestate.com.au quite a few times and have seen some houses that I would definately have bought that way if i had been able to. It must be good to know that you already have a home now ready for your arrival in Adelaide! Whereabouts is it? And have you been to the area before - or just trusting the help you have had from others?

One thing I wanted to ask, if you have had to have a mortgage to buy the property - was that easy enough to organise from over this end?

Congrats again

Hazel x

Guest barmyarmy

well done aldinga is one of my fav.areas to buy or rent, am trying to sort another meet with jools n hope u can come n share your pictures.i think andy & lindsey (both nurses) are having a house built in aldinga ,wish it was me not jealous at all :P

Hi Kimberley,

You must be so happy at having bought a house!! I must say its very brave to do it over the internet, although I have been on realestate.com.au quite a few times and have seen some houses that I would definately have bought that way if i had been able to. It must be good to know that you already have a home now ready for your arrival in Adelaide! Whereabouts is it? And have you been to the area before - or just trusting the help you have had from others?

One thing I wanted to ask, if you have had to have a mortgage to buy the property - was that easy enough to organise from over this end?

Congrats again

Hazel x

Thanks for all your replies. Im very relieved we now have a house. No we havent been to the area but in our search we always came back to Aldinga Beach. We have bought and sold since we have been together and alway moved to area's where there is lots of development. The house is mortgaged and its an Australian Mortgage arranged via a broker used by quiete a few PIA ers and as said will be rented until we arrive.

Any more details just ask.

Kimberley x

Guest Guzzler&Sas

wow guys, well done

can't wait to hear all about it and see photos. let us know if there is anything we can do from this end before you arrive.

know a fantastic conveyancer this end if you need one.

all the best for now

cheers

sas

xxx

Well Done - I'm Really Envious As I'd Love To Do That, Saves All That Rental Hassle When You Go. We're Going Jun 09 So I Could Be Really Tempted To Follow Suit! Could You Please Pm Me With The Mortgage People You Used And Once Again Good On Ya!

;)

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

You are not the only mad ones to buy before getting over there, we have bought a house (well its being built) in Sellicks Beach, we too wanted to get on the property ladder as we had sold our house here, the company we have used have offered us 4 years rental so if the area is not for us then we will rent the house out.

We leave for Adelaide on 15 June so just home the house is finished by then.

Nicky

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Congratulations on a brave move, now that you have gone into contract on the property (I presume) you would be well advised to get buildings insurance ASAP even though settlement is not until early March, if anything God forbid was to happen to the property you could be liable, although officially the property is not yours. Strange way to conduct buisness I know but true,

Your conveyancer should clarify this, here are acouple of insurance companies for you to look at,

http://www.aami.com.au/

http://www.sgic.com.au/

All the best

Guzzler

Hi Guys,

We we have gone and done it. Bought our 1st property on Ozzie soil. Some might think we are mad :jiggy:but I had a burning desire to get on the property ladder. So our visa was granted in Dec and we started looking in January. things move really quick and things all been well the house will be ours the 7/3/08 and we will see our property for the first time when we visit 25/3/08.

Obviously we have seen it online.. and as others have done before us asked a trusty member of PIA ( Sarah aka likesshopping) to give it the once over. Sarah was fab and sent lots of pictures of the property and although I don't know Sarah (true) I did trust her judgement as she bought her house on line from the UK and her house was my first dream house when we searched the real estate by in June/July last year and remeber feeling really envious of the home she had bought. So thanks again Sarah for your valuable input. We are so excited but are not moving till Jan 09 so the house will be rented out until then.

i do have a question for home owners out there in Adelaide I need to sort out buildings insurance or should it be landlord insurance Help!!!!:embarrassed:Any tips would really be appreciated.

So house buying from blighty is still fresh (although Im knackered all those late nights) in my mind if you have any questions ask away.

Kimberley x:p

Big congrats on house.

Do you know you need house insurance as soon as your cooling off period ends? Even though money hasn't been exchanged and you are not the legal owner you are legally obliged to insure it.