siem&noah

Driving Licence

Just wondering if anybody can shed some light!!! We are due to emigrate over in October and wondering if we have to take any sort of tests to get our license issued?? We have heard mixed reports, some saying you need to do your test again, others saying its just a theory test you do, please help!!!!!!!!

If you have a full uk licence than you do not need to do any tests, you just swap it for an SA licence and pay the appropriate fee.

Guest vikkiann

Just make sure you go to the rego office within 3 months. I think it's something like $40 per year.

HI,

All full Car Licences and full motorbike licences are transferable to a SA licence, but all truck and bus licences are lost and training and testing is required.

I hope this helps :biggrin:

HI,

All full Car Licences and full motorbike licences are transferable to a SA licence, but all truck and bus licences are lost and training and testing is required.

I hope this helps :biggrin:

Make sure you are certain about the bike part.

Its only for FULL bike licence not CBT.

I got mine exchanged no problem but know lots of people that have had a heated discussion about this subject in service sa.

Rob

I got my SA licence this week...but had to have an eye test. I was asked if i needed to wear glasses for driving, which i do. I was given form for the optician to complete, after i had had an eye test. It cost me over $500...for sight test, and yes, obviously, i needed new specs. Then another $93 for driving licence for two years.....what an expensive day

Guest Jennet

Hi my husband got his UK license changed to the Australian one today, 1 year is $55 his car and motor bike changed over straight away, HGV practical test needed

Guest Chris_J

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but do I need to do anything with my license in the UK before I leave? Not changed my address on it been stupid with so much stuff to do