Taxes for 475 holders

    Recommended Posts

    Anybody, can give any idea about the taxes for the 475 holder ? Is it the same as the PR ?


    That depends where the income is derived from and also your intentions regarding living in Australia.


    To determine whether you will be tax resident in Australia then this help


    Types of income are viewed differently, generally Australian sourced employment income will be taxed as PR if you are classed as tax resident, other sources of income will differ depending upon where it is derived.






    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Andy thanks for your reply.

    My Intention is surely living permanently in Australia. Only source of income would my job here. So, I will be taxed as a PR holder, right ?

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Similar Content

      • By eugenezh
        Dear forum members,

        I will be moving to OZ next month and have a query on keeping money overseas.
        I am a permanent resident, currently, in my home country, I hold local currency (Euro) and AUD.

        I will open a bank account at NAB next week and will transfer all my AUD to that account prior our move in OZ.
        However, I would like to keep on my bank account in Germany my EURO and when exchange rates will become better, I will exchange to AUD and transfer them to my OZ bank account.

        The problem is that I don't know how long it might take for the AUD to get to its low rates, therefore I might keep my EURO in Germany for a while.

        My question is, what is the policy of the ATO if I keep a bank account overseas and NOT gaining any interest rates on it and then transfer that money to OZ? let's say after a year residing in OZ.

        I am looking forward to getting your inputs on this issue,