Guest jakeandshelley

Contact Lenses

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

are contact lenses expensive in Australia? I wear daily disposables and pay £31 a month. Just wondered how much they are in Oz, i'm thinking about buying a years supply from the internet before we come over.

Thanks,

Shelley Scott

Hi Shelley,

i also wear daily disposables and I find it cheaper over here but was paying more than you in the uk. I use the most expensive acuvue ones, and started off getting them from specsavers for $200 for three months. Am now paying a bit less buying them online, have a look at webcontacts.com.au.

You can also get money back every year if you take out extras cover in health insurance.

cheers

gill x

Yes they are expensive here. I buy mine from contactlenses.co.uk and have them sent over here. I used to pay £13 a month for a pair of lenses and a bottle of solution. Here, they were costing me about $60 a pair here so just get three pairs for $80 from the UK.

However, specsavers here have recently lowered their prices and they are getting competitive so may look at getting there in the future.

I wear acuvue for astigmatism which are one of the most expensive lenses due to being toric.

Hi

I pay $22 for 10 pairs a month as wear them less than used to. This is after a deduction from my healthcare.

Specsavers who I get mine through are actually introducing a new system though where they are supplying their own contact lenses on line and apparently it will be cheaper - don't know yet as I don't need any lenses at the moment

Niki