keldaz

How many Poms are in Adelaide???

Hi Guys, as we live in the North West suburbs, this is where we spend most of our time. Its only when we travel across Adelaide we're reminded what vast area it covers. This led to a conversation about, the fact you could live here for years and never cross the path of any other Poms, and this got us to wondering how many of us are here.

Every time I log on here, I see new user names and plenty more people coming over. Would be interesting to know, how many Poms are in Adelaide? Or even SA general? How this compares to other cities and states? What percentage stay or return home? And how long have you been here? Lady in our local PO been here since 1972, can you top that?

Thanks in advance, enquiring minds need to know.:tongue:

Edited by keldaz
    We don't live in North East Suburbs doh!

I know that theres at least four up here in the Barossa - the one I see when I roll over in bed, the knackered looking one I see in the bathroom mirror and the two I hear bickering as soon as I wake up! Don't see many others up here but do see the Boche hordes.

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/data?opendocument&navpos=200

http://abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/sa-46?opendocument&navpos=620

Its in there somewhere. I read there are up to 43% in some areas of Australia - not sure where though

This makes interesting reading if you like statistics

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2011/quickstat/4

Edited by jtct

Guest jewels

We're coming to The Barossa in October, can't wait, we have pr visas, I was over last week checking all the schools out, I'm very impressed

Guest yogi64

We're on the edge of the Barossa, one other Scottish family in the area and thats about it.

Mike

We're in Rostrevor. I haven't met anyone else from the UK yet (haven't met many other people at all yet), but I know there is at least one other english family not too far away as there is an english girl in my youngest son's class at school.

Guest Crushfamily

In Seaford we occasionally come across an Aussie from time to time lol!

Guest ali

This post got me searching. I was wondering how many Iranians lived in Adelaide and the number I got was 3000. Then I had to find out that the Gloria Jean's Coffees founder is an Iranian as well. Not as many as in the States but I'll be pushing the number up by 1.:biglaugh:

Guest Here at last!

I was very surprised when we travelled to the Barossa for a kids soccer match to hear a scottish accent.

NicF we are in Athelstone so not far away!

Guest Barney Rubble
    There were at least 4 in the lift with me the other day. :wink:

How did you know i was a pom, i never even spoke a word AND i have had a bath this month too :notworthy:

Guest BrianS

According to the advertiser ( which has as much credibility as the daily mail) it's 101,709

Guest Guest5035
    According to the advertiser ( which has as much credibility as the daily mail) it's 101,709

and they're all in Hallet Cove....:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest Kadphises

That would be just under 10% of Adelaide's population. So, about every 1 in 10 would be British, sounds very high.

Guest Barney Rubble

After today's Sunday Mail front page i think the papers here are desperately looking for stories, FFS that is desparation journalism as it's worst :skeptical:

Guest ali

Which story Barney? I have liked them on facebook just for laughs.:wink::biglaugh: