Sign in to follow this  
Guest cyprus2001

Renewing my British passport in austrailia

Guest cyprus2001

Hi just wondering if anyone would know, I understand I have to go to auspost for an interview for my British passport to be renewed. I'm only on a 457 temp resident visa and was wondering how do I go about getting my pics countersigned if I have not been here two years so haven't know anyone long enough to sign them. Thanks any help appreciated and thinking about it do they even have to be countersigned as my approach is exactly the same ok maybe a few more grey hairs and wrinkles but nearly the same.

Guest jonny no cash

We had to renew the kids passports while on a 457 visa its easy enough download the forms,get the pics signed by a Justice of the peace and go to a main post office,Its quite expensive though I think I paid around $800 for three passports.

[h=3]British passports - Australia Post sb_nortoncertified.png[/h]

I've never heard of an interview for a passport renewal. UK passport renewal or applications go via NZ.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/flights-holidays/140776-applying-renewing-uk-passport-when-living-australia.html

Lots of people get stuck on the counter signature and they have info on their website about that. Links are in the thread above. Hopefully the info you are after is there somewhere

Guest patsmb

I have just renewed my UK passport I had the photos taken at Southgate Plaze -tell them its for UK passport as they are different form an Asuusie one

I dowloaded the forms and had an Aussie friend sign the photos - have you seen a Doctor in Adelaide they could sign them

I made an app online at Marion post office -not all post offices do UK passports and had the passport back in under 2 weeks

I think it was around 280 all up