Guest barmyarmy

time served but no qualifactions

Guest barmyarmy

i am a time served tiler without qualifactions & while this is no problem in uk was wondering if this would make it difficult to find work or go self employed in adelaide.i am sure theres loads of trades like myself without qualifactions so any help would be great cheers:huh:

Guest lippy

Hi

My husband secured a job in Adelaide without any problems arising from the fact that he is a time served mechanic with no paper qualifications

Guest macsters
    thanks for that :)

Hello mate

I’ve been a tiler for 8 years now just wondering about the money out there

I have no qualifications like yourself but a very good tiler good luck mate

Guest Guest75
    been told between $30-$50 a sq. metre

Yup - that is the right price for self emp.

Unless you are sun contracting to the large building companies ,I hear the prices they offer for jobs are rubbish.You have to rush them to make decent money.

Guest macsters
    Yup - that is the right price for self emp.

Unless you are sun contracting to the large building companies ,I hear the prices they offer for jobs are rubbish.You have to rush them to make decent money.

Thanks for the reply haven’t made my mind up whether to go tiling or the railway you see

I am waiting for a phone interview to come and work on the railway in Adelaide

And just have a few questions if any body can answer i have beautiful wife and 2 lovely children and don’t

Know which area to stay for the best i.e. school, communities we love the beach we have been looking at aldinga, seacliff, we can’t wait to get out and have a good time look forward to reading your response

Ps throw another shrimp on the barby

:goofy:

Guest Guest75
    Thanks for the reply haven’t made my mind up whether to go tiling or the railway you see

I am waiting for a phone interview to come and work on the railway in Adelaide

And just have a few questions if any body can answer i have beautiful wife and 2 lovely children and don’t

Know which area to stay for the best i.e. school, communities we love the beach we have been looking at aldinga, seacliff, we can’t wait to get out and have a good time look forward to reading your response

Ps throw another shrimp on the barby

:goofy:

Hmm.............Railway or tiling??

I've a friend in rail,he is in the goods section in control or something.Seems to be busy and enjoys it.

Best to ask as much as poss now.

It's really hard to recommend suburbs or give opinions as one man's meat is another's poison.But..........

Seacliff is quite near to the city but fetching big prices,Aldinga is a lot further away (30 mins drive from Seacliff).

Aldinga is coming on with lots of building.

Look between you 2 choices as well - even a bit more inland.

You'll never know until you get here though!!;)

Guest barmyarmy

i like the look of aldinga myself n know a few people moving there or having property built

Hi

My husband secured a job in Adelaide without any problems arising from the fact that he is a time served mechanic with no paper qualifications

Hi lippy

I am a new member. My partner is a mechanic, time served with no paper qualifications. Is is more difficult to obtain jobs without paper work. Can I be cheeky and ask what sort of earnings mechanic get over there. I see loads of jobs on website, but they rarely give any earning details. We have our VISAs but waiting for house to sell now.

Thanks . Carole and Andrew

Hi

Hi lippy

I am a new member. My partner is a mechanic, time served with no paper qualifications. Is is more difficult to obtain jobs without paper work. Can I be cheeky and ask what sort of earnings mechanic get over there. I see loads of jobs on website, but they rarely give any earning details. We have our VISAs but waiting for house to sell now.

Thanks . Carole and Andrew