Guest barmyarmy

nursing in the community

Guest barmyarmy

my wife is a registrated nurse n would like to know if adelaide has a community based nursing programme ,cheers:wideeyed:

Guest alibongo
    my wife is a registrated nurse n would like to know if adelaide has a community based nursing programme ,cheers:wideeyed:

hello

I am also a registered nurse currently working as a practice nurse in Bournemouth and hope to be migrating to Adelaide this year. I have been in contact with the nursing board of South Australia and have been emailed by a practice nurse co-ordinator, who has given me the idea that there is no shortage of work for practice nurses in Adelaide although the pay is lower for that type of work compared to working in a hospital (due to the fact there is no weekend or unsocial hours). I'm sure they will have the equivalent of our community nurses but dont have any details for you ..Sorry!

good luck with your application

Ali

Hi Barmyarmy,

Im doing similar work here in NZ and hoping to be in OZ very soon, basically just waiting on our house being sold here. Im a UK nurse too and been in the community since '99, so when i get to adelaide, and suss things out, I will let you know.

Good luck, I will be watching this post closely for any tips.

Gill

Guest deborah

Let me know about community Occupational Therapy work too!!

I work in community at moment and love travelling. Don't think i could work in a hospital again!

Debs

Guest louiesmum
    RDNS (Royal District Nursing Service) is community based, very different from the UK though, its a not for profit organisation web site is : http://www.rdns.org.au/

Hi Maria

Thanks also for this link!:wubclub: