Guest Fulvio

Moving to Adelaide... For 6 months!

Guest Fulvio

Hi all,

I've been lurking here a little while getting excited about our impending visit and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm probably going to have a ton of questions to ask you guys over the next few weeks - you seem like a very helpful bunch!

'We' are me and my wife and our two boys (aged nearly 4 and nearly 2). My work is taking us over to SA from January to end of June, and it's just starting to sink in. We're actually first - in a few weeks - relocating from our family home a couple of hundred miles away to London first (again my job) so we won't even have the luxury of leaving the UK from our own home. So we're trying to get ourselves organised for both legs of the trip now... (clearly not going to happen!).

We've pretty much everything still to do - get visas, book flights, work out where to live, get temporary accommodation, work out the childcare/school system for tiny ones etc etc etc. I'm sure lots of questions will come as they occur to us, if that's ok..?!

Meanwhile we'll carry on enjoying reading the other posts - we're already finding this place very helpful.

Best wishes,

F

Wow, Fulvio, sounds like you and your family are embarking on a great adventure - and a very busy time lol! Hopefully, the fact you are (initially?) only coming over for six months will take much of the pressure off you all so you can relax and appreciate all we have here.

And, thearmchairdefective...you are sounding like you need another shot of Adelaide :) Come bother Tyke; you know he loves it!

LC

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Exciting times having a 6 month stint in Adelaide. Being able to do something like that is always a great thing I think. I know when I was living in the Netherlands I got posted to Germany for a while, Hamburg and it was great being there all expenses met sort of thing for a few months.